Embarrasing Problem...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by IPreferHappy, Mar 15, 2014.

1. So... The 6" ducting I bought doesn't fit my 6" Air-Cooled tube... I figured it was built to fit 6" in/outlet holes and be clamped into place... Do I need reducers?

2. Nope, it should fit. Some hoods and filters are a pain to get the duct on though. Got a pic of both?

3. Cant getta pic unfortunately, but it feels like it SHOULD fit over, but it seems to me like some part of it will never get over it. It's semi-rigid ducting, if I can't get it on there I think I'm just gonna order some of this stuff.

4. You can get that @ Home Depot.

5. Yea flexible ducting may work better, but will probably be a tight fit. With my set up my hood fit just fine, its loose where it connects to my fan, and my filter i have to damn near use a shoe horn to get the duct on. There is definetly a wide variety of tolerences in what they call 6".

6. Indeed its just the price point. At our lowes its about 15 smackaroos after tax for 8 feet haha

7. I have 2 600 watt aircooled tubes and mine was a pain. But I got it and it works

8. You need to crimp one end so that it slides over.

I am a hvac tech and work with ductwork daily. You need to crimp the hood 6" so that fitting slides over it.