Elizabeth Warren

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mist425, Nov 20, 2011.

1. :rolleyes:

Our country did just fine without an income tax for the first 137 years :confused_2:

You can have your regulations, on a state level. In fact this makes it more costly for corporations to maintain their government mandated monopoly over markets, as they have to go state to state to maintain their corporate-state merger of power.

2. Ironically you are just flapping your gums!
    "all she does in strengthen the banks and corporations" You know this because....
    She's a Democrat!
    AND you and the other RP drones, think anyone who is not like, YOU is the enemy!

You seem to forget that EVEN IF RP gets elected, he will need rational people in congress who are WILLING to make changes. She might be one of those.

Or are you still hoping that 60 libertarians are going to get elected to the Senate!

AS we can see from the super committee failure, the GOP won't budge off the TAX increase platform they are perched on, so they are going to make a difficult partner for RP (on other matters)

3. Now how does this "statement" hold water with the RP faithful?

RP wants to end government TO make the country grow and prosper, and ergo, the corporations grow and prosper.

But the statement above seems to be equating the growth of government to the success of corporations (power = success).

So which is it.
    Growth of governments builds the power and strength of corporations or getting rid of government, which RP wants to do, to FREE American business so it can prosper (and grow = success).

All these conflicting slogans, I don't know what the clear picture of you RP faithful IS!
    I'm sure one of you will set me straight.

4. Don't over-think it. Monopolies thrive with government intervention, aka the corporate power structure of today. No government intervention means in order for a company to be successful, they require the best product, price, and customer service. If they can't provide these 3 things, they will face stiff competition from other companies looking to expand their share of the market.

[​IMG]

5. yes we did, but we didn't have interstate roads, airports, electric grid and a million guys in uniform.

Wow, this is SUCH a good idea for getting the country up and running again!
    50 different sets of of regulations!
    Oh, wait!! I thought you guys were all for deregulation to make it easier for business. Which is it?? More or less regulation?
    More complicated or less complicated?

You guys are confusing me??

6. What monopolies are you speaking of.
    the old ATT WAS a complete monopoly.
    What do we have today that is a true monopoly?

We have some "too big to fail" companies that the Franks/Dodd bill tried to deal with but got watered down with GOP and lobbyist help.
    GOP of course, want to kill THAT regulation claiming it is "killing" small banks.
    (except that they are exempt)

But tell some monopolies that you speak of?

7. Interstates, airports and the electric grid should all be privatized. And there is no need for a million man army. Obviously xmaspoo is not advocating massive regulation he is saying since liberals can't get a boner without telling someone how to live their life or run a business they can pass regulations on a state level if they so wish. They can also enjoy their poverty when no one wants to live or do business in their shitty ass nanny states.

8. Today, government-granted monopolies may be found in public utility services such as public roads, mail, water supply, and electric power, as well as certain specialized and highly regulated fields such as education and gambling. In many countries lucrative natural resources industries, especially the petroleum industry, are controlled by government-granted monopolies. Franchises granted by governments to operate public transit through public roads are another example. Fannie and freddie are another example along with all the banks that obama and bush bailed out.

9. more flapping gums!
    Pretty sure the American population is going to be THRILLED at having to pay tolls every 10 miles in the "privatized utopia"
    Oh and electric/energy companies NEVER gouge the consumer (see ENRON)
    BUT now they can do it easier because there are NO REGULATIONS!
    THIS is a great plan!

Oh and I agree we do not need the HUGE military (see we can agree)!

but the GOP and huge number of DEMs will disagree with that, and regardless of what RP does, they aren't going to kill the military. SO, who is going to pay for that?
    Taxes!

I'm sorry but that's is exactly what "stinky" did say. perhaps he can clarify how getting rid of the government regulations on say trucking, is going to be dealt with on a state level, which out MASSIVE costs to the state.

Not even in those TOUGH states (the one not "nanny assed") are they going to want trucks from Mexico blowing up on their roads and killing locals.

" liberals can't get a boner without telling someone how to live their life"
    This statement is just dumb.
    The GOP are the party of telling people how to live their lives.
    The liberals just want regulations in place, to make sure YOUR desires to not trump MY desires!
    That IS the definition of a Republic!

you have to live in the Idaho bush somewhere with this attitude or maybe the back woods of Kentucky.
    "shitty ass nanny states" we are going to become!
    It's all those shitty ass nanny state regulations that keep people moving to Ca!

10. The GOP also want to tell people how to live their lives, you'll get no argument from me on that. Especially those damn evangelicals. But the democrats are in no way better.

11. Your misconstruing is rather cute, libertarians want the corporations to run wild and gouge the consumer, and safety standards are going to go out the window!
    :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

No regulations doesn't mean price gouging, competition is a good thing. State mandated subsidies for energy companies, government regulations inhibit the development of competitor energies and businesses, developing a de-facto monopoly on sources of energy. Yeah you can expect to pay high prices for oil, gas, whichever industry government involves itself in basically.

There are still rules as outlined in our constitution, property rights, protection against theft & fraud, all good rules.

And who are you to say what I meant? James hit the nail on the head, while I do not think regulations are beneficial for a healthy and competitive market, if your state so chooses to enact them, there is nothing (federal intervention) to stop them from doing so.

I'm always fascinated by the cognitive dissonance, we can't trust people to make the right decisions so we have to regulate the economy for them so no one gets screwed. Whilst you forget about a little thing called boycotts, a favorite tool of the civil rights era no less.

If companies do things that consumers don't like, the consumers vote with their wallets. If a grocery store sells rotten food, you don't buy the food. Consumer activists blogs, news articles, word of mouth, the information era makes the boycott the most powerful tool as a check on unethical business practices.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C4gRRk2i-M"]Anti-Trust and Monopoly (with Ron Paul) - YouTube[/ame]

Good rundown on big business and the inter-workings of monopolies, they lobby for more government power to use it against their competitors.

12. Progressive: “Ron Paul Will Return Us to the Dark Ages!"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FFhSr1A1do]Thought Controllers Call Ron Paul "Extreme" - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oaI26gY-eQ]Democrats Warn: Beware Ron Paul! - YouTube[/ame]

13. this the the point that progressives just cannot grasp. no matter how many times it is proven to them, they always fall for the "do it for the_________(insert helpless collective here)....i know i used to be one.

so i guess that means that some of them can get it

14. Explain to me exactly how a privatized energy grid would work. I would love to hear this theory.

15. Well said.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

16. The 'evangelicals' are like the progressives in a lot of ways.

They really mean well but they are totally naive and they are easily corralled by gate keepers such as Glen Beck.

Here is a guy who talks a lot about the founding fathers but supports Bachman and dislikes Ron Paul. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

17. i call them...oh what was it again...two words...reminds me of a summer night...oh yeah, douche-bag.

18. Yeah evangelicals hate social freedoms like the right to marry who you want. Liberals hate economic liberty like the right to the fruits of your labor.