Elephant Man is sharing his weeds

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Elephant Man, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Ok you guys can remove the blindfold ;) , you made it to the laboratory. A few areas in my garage devoted to growing my own meds. Only been growing now for about 7 months, but I learn fast. I only grow for myself and I did the typical noob thing at first and went way overboard, so no I have plenty to do some goofing off and breeding and such. Oddly enough, yeild is my last concern...at least right now. I don't mind low yeilders or 15 weekers, as long as quality is there. I have been known to seed entire plants, flower from seed, micro grow...all for fun...growing is as much my therapy as smoking is. So keeping that in mind, on with the show...never know what kind of freak or monster we might come across in the lab.

Just gonna ease in slow and show off my favorite pheno at the moment, was donated as seed by an og freind who has taught me much. She is called DF99 x 'clips', and she is a beauty. Not really sure yet if I finally got my K right, or if she is a monster but she really likes me. I forget the lineage, but I can find out...I remember some G13 in there...anyway, so far she is my fav. I got about 15 other strains going so bear with me. I have about 6 males I could cross her with too.

And yeah, she is in a clear tupperware drainless container, don't ask why. About 50/50 coco and my own compost...and a few dry ferts like Azomite, guano, manure, greensand, alfalfa and kelp meal, homemade casings, lime etc...

Attached Files:

2. nice, what kind of lights?

3. What would you guys like to see? The rooms? Some buds?

This was my first plant ever, a bagseed nicknamed 'big herm' because of my inexperience in sexing. She was the 'guinea pig' ahead of the seeds I ordered. I planted her in Fox Farm Ocean forest and Light Warrior...50/50. A great mix by the way. Think I transplanted her about 4 times, vegged for one month under flouros, 2 or 3 weeks under 1kw, and finished in 5 gallon. Oddly, she hardly stretched at all in flower, just got bigger around. I didn't feed her much and she showed very little deficiencies at all, great first strain...luckily. She was pollinated in veg by a male that preflowered, one axial branch...unfortunately I didn't save the potent male or her seed. She is a descent smoke that smells like tobacco and is very green, a genuine 'creeper' effect to..."I swear I almost got something done, then BANG...couchlock".
    I ran 2 clones from her after, and she is actually revegging at the moment...but she is on the way out after most likely...my next plants Blue Mystic, and Jack Herer hybrid blew her away.

Attached Files:

4. I am a weirdo, I flower with mostly metal halide, one 1kw 'warm' halide (hortilux), 2 digital MH 400's and 4 overdriven flourescents in flower...9 X 4 feet, 7 foot clearance. 6" vortex cools it all by intaking through cool hoods (3 original super suns). Another digital 400 MH in veg, and various other shoplights scattered around. I do some seed plants in the bedroom window.

A few pics of lighting...did I mention my cam sux?...sorry, working on that.

Attached Files:

5. Whoa dude, you are AWESOME baby! :hello: I figured it was only a matter of time before this place went downhill, heh heh...

Unless I'm mistaken, there is only one EM Mad Scientist I know, if not, I need to introduce you to your twin :D. Greetings from SirNugz! I'm around here stirring up trouble. Fun! :rolleyes:

I kept my thread intact (including soil vs hydro) and am continuing it here. I was burnt on posting but found good ol Grass City. :D

Hey, did you see we can cuss here? Not that it's such a big deal but I'm into relaxing and saying shit every once in awhile and not have someone send me a PM about it.

How's that metal halide working out for flower? I remember some dude posting this really in-depth article about light/spectrum etc and why Halide might be the better choice ;)

6. Hey Z buddy, nice afro.:cool: yeah it's me, the poop guy, followed you here...where is sensitron guy? I still have yet to try HPS but I might throw one in on one side just for fun at bulb replacement, I just kinda based an opinion that hps was for yeild and mh are for flavor...maybe potency too. No facts or nothing, just an opinion I based on dozens of opinions I read. I use 3k kelvin in the overdrives, and the center is a hortilux, so there is still lots of red...just more blue is all. I did forget to mention they fire in series, 9 hour intervals, one hour spacing, kinda like sunrise, noon, and evening sky I guess. Only 11 hours on total too...that's a sativa thing though.

So much has happened you missed bro, I got much more weirdness to come...hehe.

7. Damn Man you got a nice setup! I wish i had a setup like yours ( Im still working on building my first ever grow room) But if you could give em some advice on building it thatd be great!! GL with your grow and ill de be pullin up a chair for this one +Rep!!

8. No problem bro, I actually am pretty good at growroom design I think. I would rather you start a thread though, so we can all put our heads together on it...I am a stoner after all...LOL. Just pm me when you got your thread going if I don't see it and I will be there. I am really big on digital ballasts and vortex (style) fans...dunno mang but IMO those 2 are really worth spending more for. Everything else, do as cheap as possible. To go cheaper, shoplights work a mint...I don't like cfl bulbs. I remote mount my shoplight ballasts but with a cfl, you are stuck with the ballast right there inches from the plant....too much unnecessary heat. Other than that, I would just say go really big on ventilation and temps will be way easier to control later...when you dial her in. I think total air exchange is supposed to be every 6 minutes from what I read, from that you can figure your needed cfm. Mine is probably 6 times a minute without the filtration...LOL.

How about some dad pics huh?

First up is Godbud X Afghan Drean
    Next is Cherry Malawi
    Next is Swazi Safari
    Next is... ummmm....what the hell is that? well...it is 2 males grafted together.:rolleyes: Biggie Small and Swazi Safari...both 'b' phenos

K2 X White Russian baby snuck in there too....sok if he wants to be male, as long as he has a sister.:D

Attached Files:

9. let's see some dry nug shots!

all the pics look great.

the day i own my first home i will begin construction on a large room dedicated to breeding and growing, until then i envy people like you.

10. Honestly bro, my camera is really bad.:( Stupid Izone 'Ipod" POS that will not focus in under 1 meter.:mad: I can get trich shots through my lupe, but can't get a picture of a pistil to save my life.:rolleyes: This really does suck too because I wish I could show peeps full blown males, seeded buds, grafts, hermies, stuff they might not have seen.

Anyway, enough crying. Sorry I been REAL busy trying to make us all one big forum (overgrow lives) and I got quite a few very helpful mentors overloading my brain right now.

Actually, just gonna cry abit more...what else is going on in the lab while I am busy posting or reading...lemme see:

1) lost a few germs
    2) almost another cloning conundrum
    3) males everywhere:rolleyes: no big deal if I could just pick one
    4) due to last cloning fukup male white widow is still around...but half dead.
    5) about 4 ounces of moldy buds:mad:
    6) summer heat is here, and veg is not gone yet...though it is supposed to be
    7) one clone of my Oaxacan cross hermed...too late to get my seeded indy doms, but
    8) as a result I have to put JH x O on the back burner until later...in the name of virginity...even though I favor her smoke above all else.:(

Some of you long timers might understand what I mean when I say this, but I would grow hermies if I could find 'highland Thai'. One has to understand hermaphrodism truly is an emergency response, and can be common in equatorial sativas. Hermaphrodites are not 'females turned male'. They are females with the survival instincts to survive thousands of years, so, in essence, not good for growers, but earns my respect as possibly the reason many strains are still around.;) Edit: Also, I have been told that hermaphrodite genetics can in fact be 'reversed' or 'bred out'. The reason for this is actually quite easy to understand, MJ would prefer to breed naturally. (Hooray males!) But this could take many years and lots of grow area.

blah, blah more crappy pics.

Attached Files: