Electro-culture 10 amps / 12 volts

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by MrGoldenBrown, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Hi.
    This is mister golden brown. I've set up an electro-culture experiment. I have only the one subject to go by. A 24 k strain derived from Tangie. It's growth seems to be that of a sativa. I fim'd her 3 x. The third resulted in it's final shape. I'm using a 12 v trickle charger, set to, 10 amps. The other automatic functions are on pause. I have an ohm's meeter, but i need a brief cyber lesson. I plan to run tests, to see if current is passing through the root ball. After, different stages of the watering process .I've screwed in either side, a galvanized screw. Like Frankenstein. Into the smallest pot size of my root ball. I'm using rapid start, Flora blend, floralicious plus, and diamond nector. To achieve my 634 ppm's. Also, some botanicare cal-mag. This brand says it has iron in it with manganese. The nitrogen is higher. 2-0-0. Miracle grow moisture control soil. Hopefully this brief deposit of nutrients will adjust growth.

Anyway.
    Here are a few shots. All observations are welcome. I Know there are two other threads about this, but I posted in the spirit of the moment.

1512202051991.jpg

1512202061601.jpg

1512202071627.jpg

As you can see. I reign in absolute terror.

Sent from my XT1254 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. You're running 120 watts through the soil. Isn't that going to heat up the root zone possibly? You know in soil you want a good culture of microbes in the root zone to help break down organic material into chemicals the plant can take up. Does that happen when they are electrocuted?

Rapid start is only intended to help root clones or get plants started. It's not something you use more then a few feedings. I bet you could grow a plant with just florablend even though it's pretty weak it has a great NPK balance.

I would bend those branches a little more horizontal. Fabric pots > plastic. They result in a much better root structure and much better oxygen to the roots causing more rapid growth. They are usually shorter then plastic pots as well so you will gain headroom.

If you're going to use miracle grow at least mix in generous portions of perlite. 20-30%. Make sure it's not perlite that has time released nutrients in it. I've seen that burn plants.

3. I can't get a voltage reading. The charger was a bad idea. Maybe a 12 v battery, and a light bulb.

Sent from my XT1254 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. is the mix even conducting the electricity?

5. Why are you using miracle grow soil?

• Agree Agree x 1