electricity question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by devilman2075, Mar 7, 2007.

1. i know spiking is kind of a problem and a more defined answer would be awesome, but spiking is what, when the lights turn on and the power meter spikes at that time everyday or somethign or just your power going up in general?

the problem is i plan on moving out in a few months and will start growing, probably with a 600watt hps and 600 watt mh(not sure abotu it yet), but its gonan be a personal grow and im just worried about getting caught. will those two lights, fans and what not be ok? other than digital ballasts what are ways to cure stuff like this and ways to not get caught. i searched but didnt find an exact answer. thanks for any help im sure this will help out others also

2. Don't worry about that, my space heater is 1250 watts. Say me and the person living in the other room both have one. That's 2500watts and you wouldn't be paranoid if you had 2 space heaters in yours house.

3. well thats a great way to look at it then. so basically the general rule of growing is that if its for personal use its basically considered that its hard to get caught? i only am concerned about if i live there for a few bills before i start up and if they will think something is up. but if its no big deal then i guess im not gonna get worried about it

4. As long as you pay your bill on time, you shouldn't have any worries. It's not uncommon to have a $200 or $300 bill and the electric company isn't going to be suspicious at all.

5. Running a few hundred extra watts isn't going to be noticeable on your bill, it's neglibible in the scheme of things, there are dozens of legitimate reasons why your usage could fluctuate like that, no one is looking at your bill for a little blip like that.