Electricity Bill

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CeeLoGreen, Apr 2, 2013.

1. How much has your indoor grow added to your electricity bill? What would like 3 plants worth of lights do for it? Is there a way to keep it down? Or run it off of a battery pack?

2. You could change all the bulbs in your house over to cfl's to save some money.

3. Honestly I have a 225 watt t5 a 115 watt inline and a 35 watt fan for the canopy going and my bill last month was like 10 bucks more than it normally is. However I am much more conscious of turning lights and the tv/ off now

4. you could run a light on a generator :p
    a stack of car batteries wouldnt last you long...and you have to charge them daily which would cost you more in the long run..

a 1000w hps cost 12kw/hrs per day to run it in flower... a kw/hr usually costs about 15c depending on where you live. so that would cost $1.80 a day to run it in flower x 30days in a month = 54$ a month.
    to run the 1kw light in veg 18/6 lighting at the above rate would cost $2.70 per day = $81 per month.

for 3 plants you could run a 400w hps and that would cost about half that amount, with fans running also.. so about 40$/month veg and 30$/month flower.

you could also run cfls which arent that great and have low yields for a little bit cheaper elect prices..

5. Or LED like I did.

6. what is your electricity charge per kilowatt hour? from this figure a pretty exact cost can be calculated, as expressed by panda up there

I run around about 800 watts including fans and pump and everything else and it costs me around £60-£70 a month

7. its interesting when I read these threads, because I just upgraded my computer to a 1000w Power Supply and now I wonder how much it effects my overall bill.

8. My bill is 180 every month that's two tents 1000 waters and t5s and fans pumps all of it

Having endless fun priceless

Sent from iPhone 5

9. Freeborn you crack me up sometimes.

10. Lol you gotta have fun man life's to short

Sent from iPhone 5

11. So true my friend.

12. Try Southern Calif Edisons prices.. and the damm 5 tier pricing..
    baseline rate 13 cent for the 1st 327 KW
    2nd tier is about 100 KW
    3rd tier now it's 27 cents per KW
    i reach tier 5 at about 500 KW ..now i'm paying 36 cents a KW..
    last fall we had an elect water heater issue.. and ran a space heater.. 2200 KW for the month if i remember and a $500.00 bill.. ooooooooooof..

13. I was scared to look at my bill..with the furnace and all my shit going it was only 130 not bad..the summer it going to suck last year was like 300 one month with all the ac goin

14. Brass, you might want to check out Time of Use which gives you lower rates for running your electricity in off-peak hours, like at night. PG&E has it, so Edison probably does too. It doesn't save you much but something is better than nothing. It's probably not worth switching if you only have a couple lights.

15. Come on people dig out your bill and post your KW cost.. I'd like to see what the rest of the world is paying..

16. I used 1005 kwh and it was $.13 per kwh in michigan :)

17. uk 15.43 ppkwh which is ridiculas thats like 23c us

18. i ran a 400w mh for 24/0 38 days straight. in a 29 day billing cycle, my electric bill went up 11 dollars from the previous month and was pretty much the same as it was last year same month with no light. if you are concerned about electricity cost, turn down your thermostat 2 or 3 degrees you'll be surprised how much that makes a difference. also turn down your water heater 10 degrees. or do like me and turn it off until you need it. yea you gotta wait a little while to use it but it does save a lot of electricity. just my $.02