Electrical Help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by E_low_vato, Dec 6, 2015.

1. First time grower here. I have a gorilla 2' x 2.5' tent in my office closet (I know it's small, but it's my only option given size and discretion constraints). I have 4" inline fan w/ carbon filter and 400w light fixture. My question is simply, can I power all of this off of a single power outlet. I don't know much about electricity and would like to not burn my house down. I believe the outlet may be on the same circuit as all of my other office equipment (computer, tv, paper shredder, etc.). Any guidance much appreciated. Thanks y'all.

2. I do that with mine. Dual outlet timer with inline fan and light hooked up to it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

3. your good man by far don't worry brother lol I have two 400 watt lights, a dehumidifier, humidifier, and like 4-5 fans all in one. And the house I live in is old so the electric probably isn't as up to date as yours (yours can handle even more then mine probably) how many plants do u plan on growing just one or a couple small ones?

4. Sweet, thanks for the help. I was reading up on electricity last night and understand that my circuit capacity is 15 amps. I don't think I will be pulling more than that with what I've got. I think I'm going to start out by trying to grow two medium size OG Kush plants in there. Anybody ever grow in a 2 x 2.5 before?

5. #5 xSoFx, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2015
    On a 15 amp 120 volt circuit, you have 1500 watts to work with. So the total of your equipment needs to be <1500 watts. Surge is another story but you should be okay provided you stay under 1500 watts.

6. Im in a 1.5ftx3ft. So similiar i guess. Run 4 plants and stuff that tent.