electric forest festival

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by spacemankush, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Anybody attending the electric forest festival in Michigan on June 30th? I'm excited for this, it'll be my first festival. What should I bring?

2. Sounds sick.Ever since seeing the music video for electric feel by mgmt ive wanted to go to a forest fest.Lol

3. bring whatever essentials you don't want to pay an outrageous price for, plus money for water inside the venue because they usually don't let you bring it in.

a nice little chillum comes in handy.

4. So the green is expensive? Damn.

5. I can't wait to unlock more of my third eye and enjoy music at the same time!

6. I would like to come along for this trip.. :wave: haha soo hard to find uhh weed... yeah thats it.

not asking for a hookup, just saying in general.

7. I've actually never been to a huge music festival, so I don't know how tight security will be haha. I would rely on the locals and the neighbors at your campsite to find "weed" ;) and also weed of course. Maybe bring a little bit of green with and use it as a "foot in the door" technique to find potential "weed" suppliers.

It shouldn't be hard to find whatever you are looking for though since it is an Electro/Alternative/Hip Hop/Psycho-Ambient/Instrumental festival in a forest. :D

8. word haha, I went to ultra, and brought in a couple joints no problem, along with some more weed.. I was smoking a joint and a narc came up to me told me no smoking I was like alright, and thenhes like you say ALRIGHT or yes sir? I'm like alright.. and ate it. fucking hardon little punk bastard. fuck.. but yeah I was thinking about going to this. just keep that shit in your shoe, or something they're mainly worried about weapons / bringing in outside food / drinks.

9. What about like tent bags? Could you shove like an eighth in with your tent and wrap that shit up tight, then put it in the bag?

10. getting into the campground and getting into the venue are two different stories. they will probably look in your car and any coolers you have for guns/bombs and glass bottles but won't open bags or dig too deep. on the way into the venue is where you wanna put your stash in your shoe or something tricky:p

11. This, I've only gone to ultra so I wouldn't know about anything else. ^ he does though I guess.

12. not all festies are the same...a lot of festies there isnt much security to get into the concert venue...last year i was at bisco and to get to main stage all they did was make sure u werent bringing in unopen beers, didnt care about anything else...at the dance tent they werent checking shit

getting in they are worried about glass bottles of any kind, weapons, tanks, and drugs...at bisco they didnt care about weed or paraphanelia on the car search, just glass bottles and weapons

this is EFF's first year so who knows how strict or lenient they will be

13. #13 spacemankush, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Haha yeah should be a good time man. :D the ferry ride will be nice, high as hell.

14. From Milwaukee to whatever that town is? Haha, I'll be on the same one

15. #15 spacemankush, Apr 11, 2011
    Lmao.689-LTR. Think they'll be there?

16. Haha, yes. We will run into them too, and catch up with them! :smoke:

17. #17 spacemankush, Apr 13, 2011
    Hopefully they offer me cigs again haha ill take them this time.

18. I worked at Rothbury and I'm going to be working at Electric Forest so I'm not 100% knowledgeable about security considering I show them my Staff bracelet and they don't even bother to search me usually. But, I had a few friends come in 2009 as General Admission and partied down there a bit both years, so

getting into the venue, they will search your bag and maybe pat you down (not very likely but I saw it happen a few times, depends on the security person you get), but if you have a baggie or something tucked by your private parts, you should be fine.

as for driving in, I came a few days early so I don't know a whole lot about that but as I was told, it wasn't really intense. just come up with a clever hiding spot and you should be fine.

scoring at the festival was super easy both years, just wander around general admission camping and listen for people talking about "nuggets". and if you're brave, you can even ask pretty much anyone around you. the prices weren't bad as I recall - actually, the first year I got an eighth of some sticky delicious chron for 20 bucks because the dude I bought it from was so out of it and kept telling me I could grab some more buds.

and people offered to smoke me down several times, just chilling in Sherwood Forest or standing next to a dude smoking a j while watching a band. so it's pretty much impossible not to smoke while you're there. unless it's on purpose. which would be absurd.

most of the security people are nice as long as you're not an asshole and I only saw a handful of mounted cops the whole time I was there, not much else.

19. I'll be there for sure. I'll have my "I'm a citizen of Grasscity.com" shirt on, so if you see me, say hello.

I went to Rothbury '09 and All Good 2010, definitely need to get back to the Ranch.

Send me a PM if anyone wants to get a meet up going or something. :cool:

20. Hey anyone willing to add another member to their camping crew.

I am very knowledgable on festivals, been going for about 3 years now.
    Allgood, voodoo, bisco, bonnaroo, electric zoo, locals.

My crew I was supposed to go with bailed on me though and I do not want to go the solo camping route.

I am 21, have IM/skype and whatever if you want to talk and yeah that is about it.

Send me a PM if you want another member in your crew, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sanks,
    KillerKush