electric bill

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BudButler, Dec 14, 2012.

1. i am looking for some advice, i am currently running in flower 8 lights all are 600 watts. an a ac unit that is pretty much on all the time heating both rooms. in my veg room we run 2 lights not sure what type the stranded veg ones i guess anyway a few questions
    any tips on lowering my electric bill?
    how long could i keep the veg lights off for before the vegging plant would start to flower?
    i currently run 12/12 on the flower room is there a time schedule that would allow for more dark periods?
    and how cold can i get the room before causing damage? i currently keep both the veg and flower at 75F (23c) the room is not insulated and is stone so the heat dose not get trapped in at all
    also for like 30ish plants whats the min amount of lights i can run with out reducing yield or growth? the lights have hoods but other then that nothing is obstructing the light other then plants

o yeah it is currently 4:20 so every one take a hit

2. Anything more then 13/11 should keep them in veg, whether it's worth it or not to drop that close to flowering schedule I couldn't tell you. Anything more then 12hrs of darkness will allow for flowering although again, not sure it's worth it.

30 plants in theory using the 100w for first and 50w for each additional plant = only what? Like 1550 watts, so run 3-4 of your 600watters and you should be good to go. To make it simple I'll say you use 2kw, here in the NW that'd be $0.16/hr to run the lights

Temp.. mid 60s I believe is the lowest most people would recommend during lights out.

3. cool man that helps alot thank you