Ehle vs. HVY glass tubes

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by munchieguy, Feb 11, 2010.

1. hey GC, im trying to decide between the hvy mini beaker below
    http://www.grasscity.com/media/cata...da06f020e43594a9c230972d/A/Q/AQL-100121-1.jpg

or the ehle 250 ml

not sure which one to buy, does anyone have experience with Hvy , it seems pretty legit , i would love to here your feedback
    also i have the ehle 14 mm carbon adapter will that fit on the hvy?
    if the link gets deleted just look at the hvy mini glass beaker over at grasscity

2. do you want a straight or beaker? for something that size, if you're smoking reefer not concentrates, i would prob go with the beaker bottom hvy.

the hvy tube uses a 18mm joint, and the downstem is 14/18. so yes, your ehle carbon thing will fit

3. yeah its not for concentrates, and i honestly don t mind the beaker or straight doesnt matter to me.

4. ive never used an ehle but i have a hvy 8 arm mini as my daily driver. i love it's, it's very solid.

5. have to point out the irony, after the lesson you just gave me in ignorance... that HVY beaker is 3mm... meaning the beaker bottom is probably like 2mm because look how fat its blown out. you think a $50 hvy beaker reduces down? lol.

ehle all the way, its not even really debatable.

6. I can vouch for the EHLE 250ml. My daily driver and one of the best investments I've made.

7. yeah at this point im leaning towards an ehle, does anyone know how thick it is , it does not say on edit?

8. 3.2mm all the way down since its a straight tube

9. thanks:)

10. My bad, keep forgetting that the smaller roors and ehles use 2.5mm glass, 3.2mm is 500ml or larger, but you are still thicker than the beaker bottom of the hvy.

11. [quote name='Walter Cronkite']My bad, keep forgetting that the smaller roors and ehles use 2.5mm glass, 3.2mm is 500ml or larger, but you are still thicker than the beaker bottom of the hvy.[/

thanks again, btw how are they compared to a roor blue dot or the small er roors you mentioned above?

12. save and wait and get the 500ML ehle.

my 250 is great. sturdy, little drag and functional. but i wish i had saved for another week and got the 500

13. They are exactly the same as roor blue label, but ehles come with ice pinches so thats a no brainer. and they are cheaper

14. i would but the 500 ml, doesnt fit my carbon filter which is 14 but the piece 18

15. can get an adapter they are like 15 bucks on various websites, including this one i believe.

16. 15 bucks for an 18mm carbon adapter gimme a link:)

17. Hes talking about a reducer, you can get them at any headshop for under $20

[​IMG]

18. I would definitely go for the EHLE, their bongs are on par with RooR's. I personally own a 250ml and it is much more tough than it looks, I have bashed it against the sink more than one time without any breakage or chips. It hits smooth and clears extremely fast, also the quality of the weld is very good. It may not be big enough to hold an AC, but it is great for portability and quick smokes.

19. did you by a different slide, or jst keep the one they gave you, also do you have the carbon filter, how are they on the ehle