Ego Death

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Nemo., Feb 5, 2014.

1. #41 Uncle_Meat420, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014

Yeah it is "enlightening" but by enlightenment I don't mean some supreme state. Now you are claiming I haven't experienced it. I thought you weren't claiming anything? What makes you have that authority? Sounds like an ego thing...

It can be a valuable experience but most people who claim to have experienced this don't act very enlightened and instead act like druggy idiots. Most of the people I know IRL who claimed ego death don't have jobs and live with there parents or they are in jail for serious drug felonies.

Also how many years have you been alive?

2. Alright I'm done going in circle with you. I'm simply going off what you state. You say its not some enlightening thing, so to me that implies you haven't experienced the enlightening aspect of it, so I state that. I'm sorry for misinterpreting your statement homie.

In your next part of this post it sounds like your implying I'm some druggy idiot because I've claimed to experience it? Sounds like your assuming right here dawg.

I'm making plenty of money while studying science at one if the most prestigious liberal arts colleges in the us with science classes ranked in the top 5 hardest in the country. So doesn't sound like I'm some druggy idiot headed to jail. And if you weren't implying that I was, why even bring it up.

Oh wait so If i just do like you and say " I was just saying what it sounded like from how you stated it and how I interpreted it from other stories I have heard" it's fine right?

And how do you know what I said isn't true? Now you are claiming to know the thought process's of every person I've ever heard talk about ego death.

I clearly said it can be enlightening

Do you not read my posts or do you just have no reading comprehension?

Since your a scientist tell me: Is it good scientific method to ignore data you have gathered when it doesn't fit your conclusions?

I never even mentioned you, I was talking about other people I've seen IN REAL LIFE. But apparently you need to protect your ego....is your ego that fragile that I can't talk about something I've seen without you assuming it's ABOUT YOU!?

5. Damn dude. I apologized for misinterpreting what your said and have been neutral through out this conversation and you just keep coming back on the attack and your saying I'm the one with an ego? Look up the concept of projection. I'm done here

You keep claiming I'm saying things I'm not. I know all about projection or whatever other psychological defense mechanisms you want to say I'm using. I studied psychology for 2 years in college, I was 2 classes from having my BA when I quit to do what I do now (much more $)

Also when did you apologize? You just kept claiming I was saying things