Eggs

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Skip I am, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Any idea what these are and most importantly an organic solution that is ladybug friendly. The ladybug population is very minimal so if it's something I just need to put the boots on and go to war with neem and or baking soda I'm all about that life. 20190606_124836.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Not sure. you should collect them and make an omelette

• Like Like x 2
  3. that sounds tempting but hopefully I have nowhere near enough to make any sort of food from.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I've used lady bugs to eat other bugs. I welcome them into my tent.
    What do the tops to the leaves look like?

5. You can buy like 500 ladybugs for like $5. I do it occasionally and let them go ape shit. However I feel bad because they die off quickly if there is nothing to eat. Also all the carcasses leave a mess.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Try to propagate Ladybugs.
    Where I am they are under TREMENDOUS pressure from the imported Asian Lady Bug.

• Like Like x 1
  7. They were found on the leaves of an autoflower I chopped down today. I welcome lady bugs in the garden hands down and encourage them. However I seen eggs under the leaves that I've never seen before and immediately decided death is the best outcome when in question. You live and you learn. There are FAR more eggs on the rest of the ladies so I seriously doubt the slaughter of the 20 or less eggs found on a harvested plant is really going to affect anything.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Of course. I have been light foliar spraying with molasses added once a week to help provide a secondary food source for them in the garden when there isn't bugs for them to eat.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Possibly but every year they always hang out on that side of the yard. On the brighter side of things I found what looked like a Walmart sized parking lot of lady bug eggs on one of the other ladies fan leaves yesterday. They are definitely the same eggs that I killed. Guess the moms decided the molasses was tasty enough to let their offspring call it home.