Eggplant With 3 Cotyledons?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by kahgknow, Apr 25, 2013.

1. This is my first year doing a vegetable garden outside and one of my crops that I will be growing is Black Beauty Eggplant. I am going to be transplanting the eggplant so I have started them already indoors. The interesting thing about them is that of the 2 cups I planted in I believe 4 sprouts have shown up and 2 of them had 3 cotyledons. I ordered these seeds from seedsnow.com and out of everything else I have sprouted so far these are the only 2 that have been mutant. I will be specifically keeping the ones with 3 cotyledons as I like plants that are different than the rest. I was wondering if anyone has had anything like this happen to them? I have had a cannabis plant that grew 2 cotyledon but then had 3 sets of internodes at each spacing. I am very curious as to how it will grow can you clone eggplant? If so I may clone these if they do well.

2. If you clone them, you could sell the cuttings at garage sales for big money (1 - 3 bucks a pop).

Throw up some pics, I wanna see this eggplant!

3. Here you go a few pictures.

Attached Files:

4. Weird, man, I've never seen anything like that before.

She's a keeper!

5. Interesting

Maybe it will be like the 4 leaf clover of egg (pants

6. This morning while I was thinning my turnips outside I came across a turnip with 3 cotyledons! I wish I realized it before I took it out or I would have kept that one!