Eggnog Is Amazing!

Discussion in 'General' started by Gear420, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Anyone else think that Eggnog is the fucking shit? Especially when your high? I Sure Do :hippie:

2. I think it tastes like shit, if that's at all important?

My friend brought egg nog to school one day, to show to the class what it was all about. i guess her mom made the best home made egg nog (alcohol free, of course) and i was the only one who puked :(

3. I've always been indifferent to it. But if I do have it? You bet your ass it's gotta have alcohol. No other way about it.

EDIT: It's the only way to get through the holidays, I guess.

4. Try it fresh :D

4 pasteurized eggs separated whites from yolks (or, if you're a boss, unpasteurized)
    1/2 c white sugar
    1c heavy cream
    2c half and half, whole milk, milk of your preference (the fattier the tastier)
    nutmeg and cinnamon to taste

Beat yolks until lightened in color and slightly frothy
    Slowly add sugar while stirring (if you dump it in it will clump and the eggs with start to separate)
    Combine until they hit the "ribbon stage", if it falls from the spoon/wisk in a long ribbon instead of clumps or like water, you're good
    Add dairy and nutmeg

In a separate and very clean bowl (wipe with white vinegar to get extra clean)
    Beat whites until they form medium/hard peaks

Add yolk/milk mixture to beaten whites while stirring to make a lightened drink
    Serve cold with or without the addition of whisky/spiced rum/brandy etc

5. Damn that's easy to make ill probably end up doing that tomorrow when i need to get more. Thanks man.

6. You're welcome :smoke:

make sure you have a stand mixer or electric egg beater for the whites, it's a bitch to disk by hand

7. Maybe... You make it sound pretty okay. Fine. I'll try it. Thanks for this.

8. Egg nog is the best with a bowl!

9. Vodka and eggnog

10. never been a fan of eggnog but i thinks its because i throw up after drinking it once, but i was already drunk at that point. is it worth giving it another try?

11. Mos Def

12. eggnog is beyond delicious. ever try sprinkling cinnimon on top? to die for, is all I'm saying

13. Eggnog… is like Winter's coming in my mouth...

THIS THREAD REQUIRES IMAGES!
    [​IMG]

14. I love a glass of eggnog but I don't love pooing afterwards:D

15. Eggnog is chronic. Getting some now.

16. Eggnog is awesome...I wish I could buy it year 'round

But then again it might lose its magical properties.

Plus winter is warm enough in florida...I can't picture drinking eggnog in 110* summer

17. eggnog is the shit.

so fudging good

18. fuck yea man! my favourite alcoholic beverage next to ale. :smoke:

19. please tell me where this mythical alcoholic eggnog is, i heard most eggnog back in the day was alcoholic

all the stuff nowadays is just normal

20. i'm on a different planet tonight bro. i meant advocaat. it's basically an alcoholic drink that looks like eggnog.