Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Effects On The Brain/Neurotransmitters

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by O0B9E9E1T, Jan 5, 2014.

1.  I was recently doing research into the way Meth affects the brain since there are so many people on Cops now getting busted for it. I guess most drugs attack the dopamine transmitters and cause them to release then block the recycling process so eventually they do not feel happy when sober and getting high is no longer high it is less then feeling normal/happy/neutral, the drug just helps them feel closer to a normal clean happy and they become slowly more depressed.

Cannabis also affects dopamine or serotonin if I read correctly? This wouldn't affect the natural amount of transmitter activity when you are not stoned if you already have depression would it? I have been smoking daily for almost a decade and I want to make sure it is not negatively affecting an already low natural process when I am not stoned.     

2. Contributions of endocannabinoid signaling to psychiatric disorders in humans: Genetic and biochemical evidence
    http://www.ncbi.nlm....?report=classic
    \n\nI copied this from someone ( thanks Honokiol)..it's not my find but it is very interesting and over most peeps heads. It may answer your question though or just leave you with more questions idk. Have fun