Editing old posts

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Sovereign Psyche, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My question is Why?

2. SJ wants it that way to maintain the integrity of the forums. If people go and start deleting everything they posted, then threads that other people have posted in are likely to disappear and sometimes we have an OP post the 1st post and then never anything else but the thread will extend to 20 pages or plus. So, it's just kind of fair to everyone and to the forums that he provides to us.

If you have anything serious that needs to be deleted, then report it and put you request in the box. :)

3. Whether people are deleting or just editing their posts, I can't see that consequentially making threads disappear. Only the OP has control over an entire thread. The rest of the people should have the ability to easily and discretely edit their posts as they see fit. I mean, they are their posts.

I'm not exactly following you here. I think what you are trying to say is what I addressed a second ago. If the OP deletes the OP then everyone loses their posts in a 20 page thread.

It's kinda confusing though, because you said the OP goes hiatus, and if that's the case, why would they return just to delete their thread. But that's besides the point.

If this is your concern, then make it so people can't delete threads 7 days after they post them. They should still be able to edit the OP though.

4. Yeah, I really wish I could go back and expand upon some older posts with editing. Having to make a new post makes information unorganized because it's then so spread apart. I am considering remaking some threads only with additional information.. But that doesn't seem right haha

5. I'm pretty sure this is already the case, and edits are on the same time limit.

It may be that editing/deleting are connected and it's not possible to allow edits after 7 days but not allow deletions. Or it may be that this is just the way SJ wants it. I dunno. :p

6. Editing and deleting are connected.

To address something else that was brought up...technically, when you post something here, it's not considered proprietary. That means that once you post something, it can't be treated as if you own it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.