Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edibles

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by mhall90, Feb 21, 2009.

1. #1 mhall90, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2009
    Alright, on yahoo answers, someone was asking about how to make edibles, and this was the response they got...

first off edibles are the best. the high is so much better than smoking and lasts for so much longer.
    The key to making edibles is making THC butter. THC is the main psychoactive substance present in marijuana. To make THC butter, heat 5 cups of water. 4 oz of marijuana leaf, 1 pound butter.
    Bring to a boil then cover and simmer on low heat for 2 hours stirring occasionally. Strain the mix retaining the liquid. Press the butter out of the leaf as much as you can. Boil 2 cups of water to pour over the leaf to get out leftover butter and press again
    let the mixture sit until the butter and the water separate. Put in the refrigerator to sit for awhile.
    When cooled remove the top butter from the water and store harden butter in the fridge throw away the water.
    Once you make the THC butter, follow any recipe for your favorite dessert and just replace regular butter with your THC butter.
    Have Fun!

So...

1. Since I don't grow, where am I supposed to get all those marijuana leaves?
    2. If there is THC in the leaves, then why don't we smoke those too?
    3. You don't actually put any bud in edibles?
    4. How do you know how much you need to eat to get enough of the THC?
    5. It sounds like that recipe would make a LOT of butter...the rest you just save for next time?

2. #2 stickey_fingerz, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2009
    that is to make butter in bulk, me and my friends made brownies with weed oil instead of butter, we used a half 0 of mids, made 2 batches of brownies...you dont NEED the leaves you can just grind up the weed cook it in the oil till its brown takes like 30 minutes..then strain it

3. Smoking leaves would be like smoking weak schwag... There is THC, but very little, profit isnt made off selling leaves so growers make edibles or hash out of the leaves. You can use bud of course, but its better to recycle (use the leaves to get every little bit off the plant).