Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edibles ranked by shelf life

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by happyfunball, Jun 25, 2012.

1. #1 happyfunball, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2012
    What is the shelf life of all the various types of edibles? And at what temperatures (room temperature, fridge, and freezer)? How much does potency decrease (or increase, as the case may be) over time?

I've read that alcohol tinctures are the longest-lasting, and can easily go two years at room temperature without spoiling. (And in fact may require a year to reach maximum potency if the bud was not decarbed.) Glycerin tinctures last for a year, I'm told.

Of course, in many cases the shelf life of an edible is the same whether or not cannabis is added to it. Normal brownies only last for so long at room temperature before they go bad, so I'd expect that to remain the same with canna-butter (or -oil).

Personally, I'm particularly curious in edibles that are stable at room temperature for at least a month.

2. Canna-peanut butter has the longest shelf life that I have seen. I have personally tested up to 18 months with no decrease in potency. Stored in a clear mason jar in the pantry so room temp and a cool/dark cabinet.

Second is not an edible but a topical using 90% rubbing alcohol and fresh stems. I have stored this for 10 years or more and it just goes up in potency.