Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edibles Not Working

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Jkasper96, Feb 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. I've been making edibles for almost a year now with rather good effects. However I've noticed that whenever I make them they work that night, and then one to two days the edibles have no potency. However after that two day mark they become potent. This is the normal recipe that I follow: Decarb at 300 for 30 minutes while covered with aluminum foil, and allow them to cool for fifteen. Then its either two methods: simmer in a sauce pan for close to an hour at a low temperature, simmer at the edges but not boiling or in a covered pot with water for an hour and half while stirring. The weed either way comes out generally a golden brown to dark brown; not burnt. Any input would be wonderful, thanks in advance!

2. @Jkasper96
    Decarb = 240 F for 40 minutes
    Mix weed with just enough coconut oil to cover-wet.. Add 1/6th lecithin..
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes if working with 1-3 tablespoons.. Up to an hour for 1/2 to a full cup of oil..
    Freeze, reheat and strain or not as you'd like..
    [​IMG]
    Done with kief-hash but it's the same steps for bud..
    5 grams of kief-hash
    1 tablespoon coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Makes 30 very strong (0) caps.. (done with weed it'll be about 1/4 as strong or less)
    [​IMG]
    Triple batch here for 90 caps..
    This oil is ready from the moment it's finished and good for extended storage at all temps..
    Cap or cook with..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. maybe its your tolerance that goes up after eating a potent edible lol

4. I have a simple question.. so the reheating it after the coconut oil, can i just do that in the same container? I basically went out and bought a small pyrex container that I originally intended to use a silicone mat inside of it. I ended up buying too large of a mat and figured it might just be alright if I decarbed the shatter itself in the pyrex for the 40 mins, then throw in some coconut oil and then remove it. Do you think I would have problems with it sticking to the pyrex? What are the benefits of the freezing? or is that only necessary if I was using herb?

5. @Dabs20
    Sure you can do it all in one container.. I use a stainless dish so I can move it rapidly from oven to freezer and back with no fear of it cracking..
    No freeze needed with with shatter or other clear-clean concentrate..
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
  6. Great, thanks for this! Will come back later with some results. Thinking about doing a tincture and also a coconut oil solution. I really was clueless with trying to associate the 'medium quantity' ( amount of coconut oil/ ever clear) with the final product. When it reality it is just another way to get it into the other product. No matter the strength of a tbs of coconut oil, it will always be divided evenly.

7. My guess is that the change after "that night" is due to tolerance increase. My experience is that tolerance to Edibles happens fast. I know it did for me.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

8. I'm doing only 1 gram of BHO today to experiment a little. I'm decarbing at 240 for 40 min. Per Psychedelic Sam. Then a little lethicin and 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil. I will then add enough chocolate to make 4 pieces. I'll let you know how it turns out.

• Like Like x 3
  9. I also am not sure you have to decarb BHO. But I'm hearing that you do.

10. [​IMG][​IMG]

One gram BHO. Then 20 min. Into decarb. Lots of bubbles.

• Like Like x 1
  11. [​IMG]

Three of the 4 chocolates. I ate one. Then another. lol I couldn't taste the BHO hardly at all. Decarbing?

12. Those bubbles are the CO2 being released. When those stop it's decarbed. How are the chocolates? :huh:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Sorry I got so high that I got paranoid and deleted the forum. Lol. Giggle. Yea dude I should have eaten only one. I do have a high tolerance. It worked great. Will do it that way from now on!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ok 7 grams this time.[​IMG]

20 min into decarb.

15. With that much it's reasonable that it will take a little longer but it looks good. :)

16. Dude!
    One gram of BHO has approx 650-700mgthc. Divide that by 4 and each of your chocolates could possibly have 165mgthc. I don't have a tolerance, man that would have taken me into outter space for three days minimum and I would have had to take a week long T-break.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  17. Decarb is the key. BNW gave you some sound advise with 240°-40min.
    I've been using a hard candy recipe I tweaked with jolly ranchers and decarbing my BHO is essential.
    Also, I've experienced the same thing with my candies and even notice a slight increase in potency after a few days or a weeks.
    My theory is the BHO wasn't fully decarbed before I added it to the candy mixture and leaving the candies sit allowed them to decarb more naturally.
    Just a thought...?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Very interesting theory. I just followed Sam's advice ( actually research results) and did on 240 for 40 min. When I used the 7 grams of BHO it took a little as it was still bubbling. I like using BHO instead of weed. The edibles have little cannabis taste, just enough. Do you do your own BHO as well?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Um...its dudette. Lol. They were very strong and I should have just eaten one. I wasn't decarbing properly before like I did starting with this batch. I did get very high. Too high lol. But I also rarely smoke anything. I just usually have 1 edible a day after I get home from work. I also have pain/sleep issues. I got that high one other time when two melted together and I ate both when I was out of town on business. Hotels are notoriously boring. I've posted about this before so excuse me to those who have read the other post. I got way high. I had to call my son to talk me down. He said " mom you're just tripping and it's just marijuana, nothing can happen to you."

• Like Like x 2
  20. I live in a state that isn't MJ friendly and at the moment can get concentrates easier than flowers.