Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edibles don't even get me high

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Deleted member 485635, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Start with good buds and use the same directions amounts and times. Now take that finished tablespoon of canna oil and mix with the oil your brownie calls for. Blend well.
    Add dry ingredients and bake normally. Cut into say 30 pieces.

Should do the trick. :)
    Decarb = weed on a cookie sheet in the oven 240 F for 40 minutes. It may just hit the edge of smoking when my toaster oven kicks back on.
    Grind the near crispy weed to dust and mix with just enough cooking oil to make mud with.
    Heat
    Freeze
    Heat
    Stir when possible
    Eat. or add to any food. Bake or not the oil is finished and as strong as it'll be.
    Start with a rice grain sized blob or less if eyeballing. Licking the spoon can be wild as hell.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  2. Basically I've been putting a pyrex dish (With a ground up 8th of dank anda stick of unsalted butter) in a wide pan with boiling water, keeping the dish floating in the boiling water for 3 hours. Of course I decarboxylated for 20 minutes beforehand.
    After that I strained out the plant material and cooled it off. Good to go.

Some people have recommended coconut oil so I can indulge without being unhealthy, I might try that as well.

3. Any food grade oil works from Almond to safflower. Animal or vegetable base doesn't really matter,
    Except Coconut oil
    It doesn't need any bile from the gallbladder to begin digestion and passes one step faster through the stomach then other oils in getting to the liver where the magic happens.

The capsules I made with bacon fat renderings were damned tasty but took an extra 90 minutes to really reach full speed. Lasted longer on the far end so it was a decent tradeoff.

If the weed is any good at all 5 grams is a good starting point and who needs to eat all that oil ?? it only takes enough oil to just wet the dust. Eat a tiny bit not a whole cookie diluted.

Either way it gets done works but I long ago stopped making it into foods and made meds in high dose small packages. The most stone in the smallest package was my goal and grow it and make it all at home with off the shelf bits.

One of our very active members had access to lab testing for low cost and worked out 240 F for 40 minutes open air was the best temp over time that converted buds best and I did enough empirical testing of my own to use it myself for weed, hash and kief.

This recipe uses a fraction as much oil so you don't have to feel guilty for that little burst of bacon flavored hash laced oil that just melted in your mouth.

Powdered weed will be a bit more green flavored and not as wicked strong as the hash-kief based ones like I make but they are no slouches either. Say 1/4 to 1/3rd as strong so I'd need to eat 4 weed caps to equal one of my kief caps but the high will be the same.

You can skip the freeze and reheat as the stuff is done in 15-20minutes. It makes it less gritty if you plan on letting the stuff melt in your mouth.
    1 tablespoon = 15 doses at 25 -50mg (guestimated) made with good buds
    1 tablespoon = 30 doses @ 100-150 mg for my use. made with hash or kief or better

LOL sorry my offering on Coconut oil got a little long winded.
    BNW

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. I tried Avocado oil before I settled on olive oil.Have also used Vegetable Glycerine.

The Avocado oil was a nice smooth richer tasting oil than the olive oil.

I bypass the cooking and just swallow a teaspoon or tablespoon,whatever is the right dose at the time,

so give Avocado oil a try just to be different.Treat it the same as you would coconut oil.

I have never used coconut oil.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. For me, it has a lot to do with digestion. If I take on an empty stomach, then eat a big meal about 30 min later, it seems to be much stronger.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. see i try not to eat after having an edible, like the rule for not eating after smoking. I guess I'll try that!

7. Thank you very much Brass!

• Like Like x 1
  8. I don't know if it universal thing or not but if I have a big meal while dosed on the hash caps it can amplify the effects to the point I'm near passing out. Usually a holiday meal where I'm going back for a second or third plate of food. I'll suddenly be in a full body dead sweat and tunnel vision is coming on hard and if I don't lay down I'll fall down.

It's like my stomach calls for so much blood to process the meal that there isn't enough left for my brain. It's happened enough times now that I'll either skip the hash cap before the event or I'll limit my food intake.
    Either that or a big part of the capsule is waiting in my liver to be activated and kick my ass
    Just a heads up and be aware it's a possible side effect.

BNW

9. I've been having better luck eating a little bit at the same time as the edible vs not

• Like Like x 1
  10. U gotta give it something fatty to bind onto in your tummy. I used to not eat with them either but I am having better results .. I find that even the oils they are made in vary slightly such as coconut vs other oils

Oooooops...I'm stoned and I already replied to this

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I've had THC in my system every day for several years, either smoking or eating. Even so, my tolerance is still low. For example, it takes about 50 mg for me to be at about a 5 , but a few years ago it took 20 mg. My consumption is about .5 gms a day now, that used to last 2-3 days.

But, I'm trying not to escalate dosage any more, because it's getting expensive (can't grow right now) plus, I feel with THC and CBD, "less is more." When you get to the point where you see increased usage over time, (barring a medical condition) then it's probably better to cut back, and maybe quit for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm another one of these people that cant seem to feel anything off edibles.
    I have tried your method of making coconut oil concentrate caps and still nothing happened.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Yeah I would venture a guess that you probably didn’t do it right.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Has anyone figured out which strain of seed comes in the different flavors of Half Lit Lollipops?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I did it right. I've tried that and many many many other edibles....1000mg worth of good dispensary edibles that would wreck anyone else off 100mg.. etc. Still willing to try anything though. Desperate to get an edible to work for me.

16. I like RSO mixed with coconut oil. I can get a gram of good RSO for around $20, so it's a good deal. I melt about 3/4 tablespoon of coconut oil in a water bath. Then I add a gram of RSO and mix for a few minutes. I fill up gelatin capsules with a syringe, and let them cool. Taking 3-4 caps is a nice moon launch for me.

17. Right there with ya MattmPsi. Edibles give me a slight headache and a bigger butt....nothing else. I'm reading that about 5% of us just can't digest/absorb it/etc...maybe something to do with enzymes..or lack of. Either way...I've been down the "try mine"...."you didn't do it right"...."you need a larger dosage"...etc..etc..etc. road(s) many times and still...um...can I have another cookie?

18. [​IMG]

I'm 5 for 5 on the I never get stoned off edibles people. All 5 came crawling back saying OMFG I've never been so stoned in my fucking life.

Make very strong oil. Keep taking more until your hammered. It ALWAYS works.

[​IMG]

The dry ice Kief I make and use for my capsules is the cream off the top of what I grow.
    [​IMG]

3 pounds of high grade weed shakes out to this.

[​IMG]

Each jar hold about 15-20 grams of Kief. Makes about 90 caps each jar.

Start with the best and make it as strong as possible. Stop pussyfooting around. :)

BNW

19. Decarb First = 240 F for 40 minutes

5 grams Kief
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes

Done.......

[​IMG]

BNW

20. [​IMG]

1000 (thousand) caps per full jar. I've made and consumed 10,000 some odd caps. Or was it 20,000 ??
    Hell if I know any longer. I'd have to dig out the paperwork and see how many times I've ordered capsules.

When the pain gets ugly I can take up to 10 per day if I don't mind being so wrecked I can't stand and I vibrate like a tuning fork.

BNW