Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edibles don't even get me high

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Deleted member 485635, Jan 24, 2019.

1. I smoke blunt after blunt and and feel nothing... I made a batch or brownies that put my roommate to sleep for 12 hours, but I literally feel nothing.
    I guess it's time for an extended t-break? Time to hit the bottle :poop:

2. you need better quality weed

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. everybody else gets high off it, just not me

4. May as well stop smoking & save your money then fella.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. well i guess you're immune to the effects of cannabis
    sorry :sad:

maybe take a t-break and start vaporizing instead

6. Sleep edibles have been processes way to long.
    Mine are like speed and no way will you get any sleep till it wears way down.

Decarb first 240 F for 40 minutes

5 grams Kief-hash-wax-shatter-powdered buds
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    .5 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done.

Fills about 30 (0) sized capsules @ 150mg each when using concentrates.

[​IMG]

BNW

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. I'm definetly gonna try that next time around, thank you!

8. I actually considered that lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nobody is immune to edibles.
    NOBODY !!
    It is always crappy material, to low a dose or something else. Mine kick ass on everybody who tries them. No exceptions.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. lol i was being facetious
    I'm always skeptical when someone says they can't get high

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. How would that explain my roommate getting blazed but not me?

12. He is a light weight?

13. i guess so. i thought it was good stuff, but i guess it looked and smelled better than it was

• Like Like x 1
  14. Check into this GC thread on increasing strength with cannabimimetics , black peppercorn ( beta caryophyllene , BCP) .. Cannabis Black Pepper.
    What I've found using BCP is that if used before THC consumption can increase THC effects.. if used after THC consumption tends to decrease effects some. as explained in the thread, BCP selectively loads directly into CB2 leaving cb1 open for THC' business
    Edit - More, https://themodern.farm/studies/Omega-3 Deficiancy Abolish Endocannabinoid Function.pdf
    and explained https://www.sativaisticated.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Cannabimimetic-phytochemicals-in-the-diet-–an-evolutionary-link-to-food-selection-andmetabolic-stress-adaptation-Gertsch-Medical-Cannabis-Medical-Research-for-the-Endocannabinoid-System-ECS.pdf

15. that's really interesting, gonna check that out now! Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  16. #16 Galaxy420, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    one more too , Beta caryophyllene is a dietary cannabinoid Beta caryophyllene is a dietary cannabinoid at DuckDuckGo

a Few other things to consider... first pass metabolism- eat a healthy high fat meal, wait about 35 40 minutes and eat an edible ... the time after eating holds up the processing time of the liver for about 45 min to an hour... this allows compounds to get past, through or around first pass issues. if you cannot convert THC delta 9 to 11 hydroxy then no effects but that is first pass metabolism so getting around that may.......

another thing... do your edible and wait a while and THEN eat the high fat healthy meal ... sometimes that flip provides the right Fat to reach your goal of getting high.. I've had that happen where I had an edible and no effects for a few hours, eat a good meal and Boom ( : ) high sitting their Full and high.
    edit #3 LOL, maybe before doing your edible if you have access to tincture squirt some of that into your mouth too to start that cannabinoid and Bile acid conversion = cannabinoids and Bile acids cannabinoids and Bile acids at DuckDuckGo

17. We all have a different dose requirements. My wife needs 3mg and she is flying.
    I need more like 300mg and be clean for a week to get that stoned.

When my neighbor complained that he never gets high off edibles I handed him 10 of my capsules with explicit directions on waiting 2 hours between adding more. Damn fool took all 10 at once and spent the next 24 hours on his knees crying for his momma to make it all stop.
    Now he is scared of the damned things and won't touch them at all. LMAO serves him right as I gave fair warning to him on their potency and duration.

You just need more then your buddy but take some care in finding that sweet spot because going over isn't fun at all. I used to wipe the bowl clean and lick the remains off my finger even knowing it was going to blow my socks off for hours afterwards. I still want to but common sense stays my hand now and I mostly leave the dishes dirty knowing I'll be making more oil in a couple of weeks.

BNW

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Is anyone else happy as hell that they arent having this issue, i sure am:yay:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Lecithin too... make sure to use it in your edible, it increases delivery of the compounds in cannabis when you eat them ... those phoshpolipids

• Like Like x 1
  20. I have a lot of trouble getting off on eddibles too.
    @BrassNwood if I made a regular box of brownies, do you think 5 grams of shatter would be too much? What about grinding really good weed. I'm guessing I am like you .300 mg would work. How much weed do you think I should grind up and decarb for a regular size box of brownies ?