Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edibles aren't working! Help!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Sidbenmore, Feb 15, 2011.

1. I've tried to make Firecrackers several times and they never work properly for me. I don't feel anything? Is it because my tolerance is too high? I've had psychedelic edibles before and I don't know what the problem is?

2. probably using a fat-free peanut butter try nuttella or another natural peanut butter

3. Happened with me too man. I tried making firecrackers 3 times with nutella, following the instructions exactly as they said. If anything, I had a buzz. If I had put that stuff in a bowl I would've been at least 5x more stoned.

Not giving up though!

4. I put it in cheese w/ fat

5. I use Adams 100% natural peanut butter. Always works for me

6. There are very likely one of two possibilities
    A) You are not making them correctly(for whatever reason, ingredients, temperature, time, etc).
    or
    B) You ARE making them correctly, BUT you are you not using enough, resulting in little to no effect.

7. i've made edibles twice with basically no effect. Both times I forgot to decarboxylate, though. I know there's some tried and true guides on here for making firecrackers though. Should be the first few links on the "Incredible, Edible Herb" page. Good luck.

8. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: firecrackers won't work for everyone's digestion. They are a worst-case-scenario edible, for those who absolutely have no ability or resources, to make a proper batch of oil.

The recommended minimum dose for a firecracker is .5g, almost double a truly kick-ass dose of proper oil, and a firecracker made with that much herb still generally only gives mild effects except to the novice smoker. For someone like me, a standard firecracker doesn't do anything. At all.
    But a mere fraction of the same cannabis, converted fully, then properly infused with oil, making it bioavailable, will kick my ass.

People who don't understand the processing and patience required to make a good batch of edible oil, are the same who feel you need more herb than you would normally when smoking, to achieve an effect from edibles, which isn't the case.

The longer you take to make them, the lower the heat you use, and the longer it's allowed to bond with the oil especially if you decarbed the material first: the better your firecrackers will work. I recommend processing the crackers as described in most recipes briefly at 300f, then putting the oven on a low heat (200f) and letting them sit for an additional hour or more, before freezing. You need to allow enough time for the oil and heat do the work, that your body can't, in converting those cannabinoids into a form you can readily absorb and use.
    When doing the above, I can finally feel the effects from a firecracker-style edible.

Everyone is a little different, and they still work great for a lot of people.

But if firecrackers aren't working for you, even when you're using more patient methods when making them than most people require, then it's probably time to step it up and make some proper edibles :)

9. Alright i'll look for some slow bake recipes then

Thanks for responding with clarity.

10. i use a all natural peanut butter with only peanuts and add like a teaspoon per quarter cup of pb

11. I'm pretty sure my tolerance is just way too high

I'm going to have to start making butter

12. GUYS GUYS GUYSSS!

follow this quick guid on youll be happy :smoke:

first; decarboxylation.

put herb on a baking pan and bake @ 210 for 20-25 min, depending on oven. do what u think is best. PLACE the herb BY iTSELf on the pan, no butter, no peanut butter or nothinnn and bake for 25 min

now take that herb out and smash it up with a spoon. itll be super dry. if you have vaped buds you can skip this first part of baking the herb. and go straight into...

placing the decarboxylated herbs all smashed up into high fat content peanut butter mixed with a dab of olive oil for that extra fat. (cannabis binds to fats& oils).
    mix together with peanut butter and cook at 200 degrees farenheit for another 20-25 min.

let cool.. and eat right away! i guarantee itll take you to that classic edible couchlock. use 1-1.5 per cracker/serving. until you feel comfortable with the dosage you can amp it up. eating marijauana is more of a psychedelic feeling..atleast for meh.great for concerts :D

13. o yea.. you can use anything with fat content. like butter,peanutbutter, olive oil. or anything with those ingredients.
    for example, i made rice a roni for dinner and added a few grams of cannabis when i fried the rice with butter(part of the directions) but i added the bud to enhance it;)

pretty awesome when u get the hang of the structure of ganjj

14. #14 BadKittySmiles, Feb 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
    You need to make sure that you don't just bake to decarb, without sealing it up in foil or an oven bag first. Otherwise you can end up vaping off the earliest (considered to be the 'best') cannabinoids. Decarboxylation is the process of necessary cannabinoid conversion I mentioned earlier, before processing in oil. See here:

Canna BOMBS, directions for oil including decarboxylation for both herb, and hash

[​IMG]

[​IMG]