Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Edibles and when they say "Trim"

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by amdjobob, Jan 9, 2018.

1. #1 amdjobob, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    Just a high person finally asking the question he's always wondered, when they talk about making edibles with trim are they talking about leaves and etc or iif they are talking about shake that comes off bud.

EDIT:Thank you everyone for the response

2. Trim is what growers snip off the buds to clean it up and make the bud taste better. Mainly sugar leaves. Trim still has alot of trichomes so it's nice not to waste it. Sugar leaves aren't the tastiest smoke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Correct, it is the leaves and everything they "trim" off of the nice buds that you are used to smoking. Like the above poster said, plenty of trichromes on a well grown plant so making edibles from trim is a good way to use it and not have waste. I honestly prefer edibles that use either hash oil or distillate, just easier to dose if making them and a lot less cannabis taste in the final product

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Anything that has some life left in it is "trimmed" to the cookie collection.
    Trim from garden.
    All ABV duff. (you can never reload too soon, No waste it is in edibles)
    Sweeps from tray or table.
    Stems (not stalks)
    Lowest rated in collection.

We are much like modern day Indians utilizing the entire buffalo.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Some of us throw all that trim away as the crap it really is and smash high grade buds to hash and make oil from the hash.
    Now that's an edible with real strength.
    :)
    The benefits of growing your own.
    [​IMG]
    Dry ice hash-kief
    [​IMG]
    Hash to oil
    [​IMG]
    Capping that wicked stuff.
    Now this is edible oil of the highest strength.
    A single drop is enough to blow my wife clean out of her shoes.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  6. Why do does your dry ice hash look so brown? I’ve only ever seen it light green. Were your plants dried in the sun or something?

7. It's all from cured bud and always looks light tan.
    If I run it longer then the usual 60 seconds it'll get more green as more plant material is brought in.
    A wider mesh like a 220 micron also allows more plant material AKA green.
    Your also seeing it after decarb and that darkens it quite a bit.
    [​IMG]
    This is it right out of the Hashmaster 5000
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    BNW