Echo's Plot - questions and design plans

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by mr echo, May 15, 2009.

1. #1 mr echo, May 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
    Edit: more questions in post 3
    Hello all, some of you have already been helping with my questions in your threads but its time to start my own and keep things organized.
    This project is meant to be a personal (plus if I can share:smoking:) stealth grow. At this point I'm only planning to have 2 plants at a time, if I can do more I will.
    I have a lot of questions and want to have one thread if possible. Here we go
    Grow space- options right now are;
    1 a wood cabinet 24hx9wx36l (there is a shelf inside that will need to be removed to get the max height
    2 a pc case for clone/veg 15x16x8 (if everything will fit in the wood cab I will not use the pc)
    3 rubbermaid 30gal dimesions 20x32.5x16.8 (if the rubbermaid is used I will need the pc case for veg)
    Can I use the wood cabinet for clone/veg/flower or should I use the cab+pc or pc+rubbermaid? The wood cab just for flowering would be the most space how many can I fit then?

Grow medium-soil I don't want to kill my first grow so I'll try hydro down the road.

Lights-CFL's I'm not sure exactly how many I need just yet, 3/4 for clone & veg 4/5 for flowering. I want to keep the power low, for 2 plants about 150w should be ok. Lights will limit how many plants I can grow, this isn't a large setup.

Seeds/strains-unsure I will likely start with feminized seeds so I can focus on the ladies not males, bagseed isn't a option at this time.

Cloning-what stage should I be taking my clones at? How do I time a perpetual harvest? Can I clone clones, or should I keep a mom around?

Filters-I will be making one based off the designs on the site, but I need these inside the boxes not outside, is this possible?

Harvest-how in the hell does this step stay stealth? I read a thread about putting the harvested crop back into the flower box, I will likely need to do this because of available space and smell control, can this be worked into the perpetual harvest? will this take up too much room to do while other plants are in the flower room?

I think thats it for now, I think this may happen sooner than expected, I need to start reading up on how to grow ect.
    Thanks for anyone that helps!

2. looks like you've done your homework!

the only suggestions i can make would be to use a PC case for veg/cloneing, and the cabinet for flowering.

that way you can stagger your harvests and get a perpetual grow!

3. #3 mr echo, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2009
    I don't want to start a new thread so I'm bringing this one back....
    I'm still in the planning stages but I'm much closer to starting up, I should have supplies and plants starting before the new year. But of course I still have a ton of questions.

Heres where I am now and what I need to know...
    I still plan on a stealth grow in a cabinet, I would like to use LST to grow the plants and I am still leaning towards cfl's (if cash allows I will invest in better lights for the flower stage)

The strains I'm looking into for now are from kindseeds they are: Atomic haze, Atomic Northern lights, or Northern lights #5 I have heard very good things about haze plants but this one has the lowest yield, depending on how many I can grow at once will affect how good a choice this is. I do want to grow the best stuff I can, why not right?

1st question, which would you pick and why? Are there other seeds I should strongly consider?

2nd question, how much space will these plants need if I LST them? I'm hoping to get a small cabinet something similar to this Black & Decker Base Metal Resin Cabinet | Canadian Tire
    The reason being that a smaller cabinet (instead of a full size one) will be less suspicious because it won't be a massive cabinet in my basement, garage ect that I'm always trying to keep people away from. This will be smaller and therefore less noticable. I will be building a carbon filter from plans on this site, and will have intake and exhaust to help with heat.
    2.5 question, Can I grow 2-4 plants in here? Or is this too small? I can upgrade to a larger cabinet if it will be easier and allow my plan to work. But with a larger cab I'm sure I will want to try to get more plants in there....
    I still plan on cloning and hopefully running a perpetual harvest, either harvesting 2 plants at a time (and having 2 in the veg state ready to flower once the first 2 have been harvested, with clones getting ready for veg) or harvest 4 plants with just clones getting ready to veg once the harvest is complete.
    I would like to veg and flower in this box, clones can be separate, harvest/drying can be separate aswell.

I'm going to get at least one book to help me (as well as help from Grasscity:cool:) I think I will start with soil since this is my first grow and it will be cheaper, but I hope to play with hydro at some point too.
    So to review, what plants should I grow, how much space will I need and will a box this size work for what I want?
    Thanks in advance I really hope I can get this together because I'm getting excited to start my own grow.
    Any advice anyone has will be a great help, if you have questions that will help you to give me better answers ask away.

4. You should build a carbon filtered dry box (instructs in forum, just search it)

5. This is off topic but I saw your user tag thingy...

You should make this your avatar...[​IMG]