EC/TDS ?s about conversion...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 13pointsOfLight, Apr 8, 2007.

1. i gotta a new tester and it reads 155ppm x10 and the EC is 303 x10..or maybe it was vice versa...how do i convert this type or measurement to 2.2EC or whatever ...damnit plz help me read this thing im confused...

b4 i submerdge it say 0.0 ec...then after i submerdge it read 300-302 with a little x10 flashing...

HERES THE SPECS:

Brand New - HM DIGITAL COM-100 Waterproof EC/TDS/Temp Combo Meter

FEATURES

Measures electrical conductivity (EC), total dissolved solids (TDS) and temperature.
    Three different calibration options (KCl, 442TM, NaCl), each with its own non-linear conversion factor.
    Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC) using three temperature coefficients
    Waterproof housing
    Measurement Range: 0-9990 µS; 0-8560 ppm (auto-ranging).
    Digital Calibration (push button)
    Auto-off function, data-hold function and low-battery indicator.
    Display: large and easy-to-read LCD screen includes simultaneous temperature reading.
    Factory Calibrated: The COM-100 meter is calibrated with a 1413 µS solution. The meter can be recalibrated with digital calibration using the push buttons, rather than a screwdriver.
    Includes a cap, batteries, lanyard and carrying case.
    SPECIFICATIONS
    EC Range: 0 - 9990 µS
    TDS Range: 0-8560 ppm (mg/L)
    Temperature Range: 0-80 C; 32-176 F
    Resolution: 0-99: 0.1 µS/ppm; 100-999: 1 µS/ppm; 1000-9990: 10 µS/ppm. Temp. resolution is 0.1 C/F
    Accuracy: +/- 2%
    EC to TDS Conversion Factor: Non-linear conversions for KCl, 442TM or NaCl solutions, set by the user.
    Calibration: Digital calibration by push button.
    Probe: Detachable platinum electrodes
    Housing: Waterproof (submersible)
    Power source: 3 x 1.5V button cell batteries (included)
    Dimensions: 18.5 x 3.4 x 3.4 cm (7.3 x 1.3 x 1.3 inches)
    Weight without case: 90.7g (3.2 oz)

2. jeezus any1? come on help a retard out!!

3. My EC meter displays it out to 4 numbers as well or yours (303 x10) just leaves the extra one off. Also, it is probably displaying in MICRO siemens while it is mostly shown on this site in milli siemens I just convert mine to milli in my head when I write it down. Like your EC reading would be .3030 milli Siemens ........convert e-6 to e-3 by dividing by 1000

4. i appreciate the help.... but im still confused...if this helps its got 3 settings KCI, 442,NaCl..or some shit....what drives me nuts is it says 0.0 b4 i dip it then its just says for example 300 or 303 for the EC i need a formula to make this more simple...god i feel dumb:( i always hated math....

5. Its sounds like an E.C meter (which they all are) which converts its readings in TDS ... TDS is different ... like its readings depends on what substance your actually measuring as well as its concentration ... its really fucked up man ... do yourself a favour ... sell it cheap on e-bay ... go to www.eutechinst.com to check out the absolutely best and easiest pens in the world ... you want an ECtestr High or the ECtestr 11 is best ... if you live in north america i think it is sold under the brand name "Oakton" ... honestly man they are #1 ... kicks Hanna's and everyone elses butt ... maybe you can just turn off your pens conversion somehow which would just be an extra caculation added on to its EC reading ... but i dunno man the instructions should tell you in a simple manner if you can ... like push this button then that button ... i think it would be a pain in the ass to convert it accurately in your head

6. man put your pen in some 2.76 ec calibration solution and tell me what it says .... and we can try and work out what scale its using .... private me if ya want .....

7. sorry man i just clicked on the eutech link i wrote on an ealier reply and it was a place selling microphones n stuff .... i missed spelt it man www.eutechinst.com .... wow i wonder how many times i done that .... sorry mate

that was a good link chimera .... i checked it out :) ...... just need to know what scale his pen uses :) .... i know of three scales x500 x640 & x700 .... but i never heard of that brand ... might be more than three scales of ppm .... i checked the brands website and i still couldn't find it's scale