EC levels

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MIDLIFE, Dec 15, 2011.

1. looking for a approx EC level guide ,not lazy but i have a crap internet connection and it takes an age to open one page so if you know of any can send a link please
    xxxxx Middy xxxxx

2. you mean as in what is the ppm of ec? - like if it says 1.2 ec what is the ppm is that what you are asking?

if so then you times the ec reading by 500 or 700 depending on where you live but mostly its times 500 - so if it says 1.2 its 600ppm's because 1.2x500=600 - but really its just an estimate because the meters only read the ec and it then gives its best guess of what the ppm or tds is because organic stuff like sugars dont show up but its close enough

I hate to post from another forums but here it is I couldnt find this on this forums

What is the difference between ppm and EC? - 420 Magazine ®

3. #3 MIDLIFE, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2011
    thank you for that but i was more looking for a approx EC level for flowering , veg ect

4. This depends on your method.

Hydroponic methods like Deep Water Culture, Nutrient Film Technique, Ebb and Flow, etc, will usually allow for greater EC levels. Most growers run these systems between 1.8ec and 4.0ec. Start low and gradually increase the levels up to a point.

Soil/less media has a tendency to retain elements and as a result they are not required to be fed at such a high EC. These systems will generally run better at 1.0ec to 2.0ec for most strains. As a coco/soilless grower I prefer to end Veg at 1.6ec, then start flowering at 1.2ec. Every week of flowering I will increase my EC level by 0.1 to 0.15. This continues up through day 50 in my own garden, peaking around 1.8ec to 2.0ec depending.

5. ok thanks, i am 18 days in to 12/12 and my EC is now 1.3 ,hand watering in plain coco , my ph is 5.6 - 5.9 , i am using GHE micro and GHE bloom .
    any pointers on what to use to bring up the EC ?

THANKS Middy

6. #6 SCMC, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2011
    Ohhh, you're on the Lucas Formula?

Just follow the directions on that and you'll be fine. As I understand it, the Lucas Formula depends on a buildup of elements in the coco to provide additional food later into flowering. What is Lucas Formula, and how do I use it? and | The Lucas Formula will have a great deal of information you can use.

Next time you feed the plants measure the EC of your runoff. I promise you it is higher than 1.3.

If you're looking for a few products to help kick things into high gear you could try 2ml/gallon of General Hydroponics Liquid KoolBloom, and/or 8ml/gallon of Botanicare Liquid Karma. This products will raise the EC of your solution, but be sure you require the extra nutrition they are providing.

There is no concrete baseline. Every grow room, every phenotype, every grower is going to have a different perfect level. Watch your plants and keep track of the EC going in and the EC coming out. Over time this data will help you better fine tune your own system. No one is going to be able to tell you what to do with any certainty. These sorts of decisions (How much and of what to use) are ultimately going to need to come from you. Just takes time to figure out.

7. am i , i've seen lucas formula on some threads but never read them,
    it's a bit of a problem to check the run off as you can look at the pic, living in CZ it's hard to get the right pots local so i made a load of wooden box's and put black bags with lots of holes in the bottom (noob) , also i was using micro aswell for the first 3 weeks in veg.
    i have had afew problems with 6 of the 60+ plants (pics) .
    hand watering around 250ml every 24 hours .

Attached Files:

8. sorry forgot to add that i am using well water that is EC 0.52 PH around the low 7's '
    i was also using flora grow , god i should stop :smoking: while tryin to type and think ,sod it one more :smoking: ............................ anyway i have been using GHE GROW, MICRO, BLOOM at the the doseage in all their bumff, so i had a EC level of 0.9at the switch and today day 18 of bloom i bumped the EC levels upto 1.90 by adding another 100ML of micro and 200ML of bloom.
    i hope i have done the right thing as i have read so much i must start to wright things down knocking on the door of 50 :eek: .

off for a lay down
    dobro noc
    Middy