EC for seedlings in coco

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cocoloco420, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Hello everyone, I'm new to growing in coco coir and am using a 60/40 coco perlite mix and was getting ready to start germinating some seeds for a 3x3 grow tent with a 415 actual watt optic 4 led light. I'm using ro water and was going to try and feed twice a day once the roots develop. I was just wondering for this first week or 2 should I just feed them ph ro water with calmag or should I start them right away on my sensi coco specific nutes and at what EC should i aim for during the first week or 2 and what is a good ec after that when feeding twice a day? Should i keep it between .5 and .8 or what's the best ec for seedling and veg stage in your opinions? I just dont want to burn or starve my babies. I know I will have to mess around with them till I figure out what they need I just wanted to make sure I start them at an acceptable range. Thanks alot

Edit: note I will be starting them off in solo cups under three 23 watt cfls (box says each are equivalent to 100 watts). I will then move them to 1 gal transplanter smart pots.

2. Start feeding 1/4 strength nutes from the first day and never use plain water. With that mix and starting in a solo cup you can feed daily to run off without fear of over watering. Coco is inert and "drain to waste" hydroponics so food has to be used from the beginning. My plants are ready to transplant at 2 weeks in the solo cups.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Couldn’t say it any better than Mick just did above. You will never feed more than about 500 ppm. I would use tap water if you can though, a lot of micro Nutes in there

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sounds great. I know I'm going to have to dial everything in based on the plants needs. I just needed a good starting point and you and soil2coco have been extremely helpful. I'm going to crack a few seeds tonight and get this going. Thanks guys!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Well, in your case RO isn’t a bad choice, just wanted to see why. A lot of guys think you can’t use tap water for hydro, and that’s just wrong. 200-250 for first week would be better, maybe 300-350 after. Just add extra daily feeds from this point on if she needs more. Mid flower I’m feeding about 500 ppm, 2-3 times a day