EC and pH for bottom-feeding coco/perlite

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by DanOne, Sep 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. #1 DanOne, Sep 17, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    Setup:
    Indoor
    1:1 coco/perlite (+ a little bit of peat with worm castings)
    AutoPot system bottom-watering only (after roots establish)
    I will be using Advanced Hydroponics of Holland fertilisers, which are bio-mineral based.
    Since I will not top-water any more after roots establish, I need to add ferst into the reservoir = bottom feed

The only way for me is to put ferts into the reservoir and the autopot company claims it is totaly ok to do that, if ferts are mineral based...

What EC and pH would you suggest for such setup guys?

2. Would you adjust water the same way (pH and EC) as for top-watering coco or does the bottom-watering change something?

3. No it doesnt, just keep the ec low and maybe give the plants a little flush from the top like once or twice a month..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ok, thanks!
    I found a guide for coco, and it says to go gradually EC 0.8-1.2 in veg. phase and than in flowering phase it says to go gradually up even to 1.8 (5th flowering week) and than go slightly down back to 1.4 by the last week.... and to flush only the last 5 days before the end.

Do you agree with this or do you think it is too much?

5. I also read this thread: Fertilising Wisely , whcih says EC 0.8 maximum, but its for soil, so I suppose for coco its different, or not?