eBay

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by indoor organic, Feb 5, 2008.

1. have any of you purchased equipment from ebay? i was just wondering if its legit way to go about getting equipment or if you guys think its a scam. thanks for everyones 2 cents

2. Depends on what you mean for "equipment". If it's what I think you are talking about I have not purchased any growing equipment but I have purchased other items with no problems. I actually just got a PS3 from ebay last week. Just be sure to look at the buyers Feedback and see how many items they have sold before.

3. I've never bought anything from ebay just because Im too paranoid about it getting shipped to my house. I prefer buying from local stores and using cash, that way I cant be tracked down or something

4. yea thats how i feel so i think im gonna just do that too, but i guess it cant hurt to buy some stuff like ph meters or few air pumps for a good price

5. i read an article in high times mag that said to be careful of using paypal to buy alot of grow supplies off eBay. i have never heard of anyone getting busted buying supplies without using paypal though. plus buying grow supplies is not illegal, only growing marijuana and buying seeds is. ebay is all about feedback too. if they have above 95% positive feedback and have over 1000 items sold, they are a legit operation! I have personally have 100% feedback with 50 transactions!

6. I really doubt anyone buying legal products online was busted for anything. People are too paranoid. The Feds got better things to be doing than busting small time growers.

7. very true, but it is better to be safe than sorry, i decided if its really worth it to buy it online and it seems legit than im gonna go ahead and do it, otherwise itl probably be easier to just go to the local grow shop and get everything else i need at once

8. Lol, I've spent a large chunk of change with HTGSupply on Ebay... good peeps over there, talked to them over the phones for items not listed on ebay... also found a cheap source for mh and hps bulbs on ebay at http://stores.ebay.com/Trust-Deals-Lights ya need to email them to get the correct kelvin for the bulbs,,,,, also get all my virgin carbon off ebay much cheaper then anyway else I've looked.... the list goes on and on....

9. yeah I too have done some business with htgsupply and plan to do much more in teh future. ;) Great guys and gals over there.

10. Ebay always has good deals. Shippin just can get expensive becasuse of the ballasts.

11. I think that ebay would be a very good source for growing equipment!!! They have very good deals on Mh/Hps setups and also many other things useful for growing!! Also being tracked through the internet for buying something is very unlikely.. You have much more of a chance of being tracked when buying in person.. Walking out of the store with Mh/Hps, soil, etc!!:smoking:

12. yea,almost everything i have is from ebay.rockwool,botanicare nutes,ph pen,tds meter,pumps,hps floodlights.however ive never order anything directly related to mj.
    so far so good

13. All of my equipment was purchased from EBay Stores except the black white poly, organic soils and the beans ofcourse.

It's all legal and if youre sending anything connected to the garden TO the ADDRESS of the garden :mad: think about it. Better safe than sorry yes I agree....but think like LEO and you'll be ahead of the game from the beginning.