eBay help blades :3

Discussion in 'General' started by FreshlyBaked, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Heya guyssss!! 

I'm wondering if some of you could help a fellow toker out; I've recently put my Apple TV2 (jailbroken) on ebay for sale; it's just sold!!! (Yay now I can buy my SSV) :bongin:

BUT

I've never sold anything on eBay before; I'm just a buyer there :( and I have no clue what to do now haha, of course i'm going to wait till I've got the clear payment from the buyer; but how do I box it etc? do i just go buy a box pack it up and send it to my Local Royal Mail (UK post) 

kinda stuck here; anybody enlighten me on this :(

2. Just package it safely so there is little chance of you being blamed for any damage and I would send it by recorded post so it doesn't go 'missing.'

3. Sorry, just read TV. I would bubble wrap it before boxing it if you can. Keeping it as safe from damage as possible. If you can't find a box big enough, perhaps bubble wrap it, place card all around it and parcel tape it. State in large letters that it is fragile. There are courier services which can work out cheap, there's some site which compares. That might be safer than standard post.

4. Make sure the corners of your package are padded very well, it's the corners that take the brunt of S&H. Keep in mind if shipped by weight, the more packaging the greater the weight & greater shipping cost. Also a box that is considerably larger than your item, although it may not weigh any more, the larger box may cost more to ship, cutting into your bottom line. Cheers

Thanks guys; it's not an actual TV though :p google apple tv; it's like a little black box that lets you watch free movies & programs etc :) if it did go 'missing' what would happen to me? :/ also it doesnt need to be shipped as the buyer is in the UK as am I.

6. Ah, cool. Bubble wrap plenty and some parcel paper/box and seal well. If you send it by recorded delivery you can track it but send it by special delivery, which is slightly pricy, it will be insured up to X amount. They usually ask you what is in there and advise you on the postage options by its value. If it was to go missing before it arrived its insured, but say it magically didn't turn up at the place you are sending and they try to get a refund, you have your tracking receipt to say it arrived there and you can see a copy of their signature online when it has been signed for. I'm sure it will all work out well but it's just covering your back and making sure it arrives safely. My ex sold an iPhone and they said it hadn't arrived, opened a Paypal dispute and even though he had a receipt saying it had been sent, there was no tracking or signed for and Paypal favoured the buyer. They refunded them and he couldn't prove whether or not they got the phone. It's sometimes worth that extra cost, especially for valuable items.

• Like Like x 2
  7. yup, these other blades did yuh right on their advice ;)

This can easily happen when not shipping domestically I hear, tracking doesn't follow through internationally, possibly depending on method of shipping / or not.. Just something a big ebayer told me once, I forget the specifics.

• Like Like x 1

tanks guys y'all been a real help :) how I love this community :') 

when the buyer clears the transaction on paypal ebay usually automatically generates a "shipping label" which contains the necessary postage and information.

just stick that on your box and give it to the mail man.

• Like Like x 1
  10.  yeah I noticed that when the payment cleared :) I'm still under threat though as he doesnt have to sign for it...he could claim them moneys back!!! he tries anything I better call saul! :(

11. Actually tracking through USPS does track internationally, it's ( if memory serves) the CS number on the customs form

12. yea i have gotten tracking numbers from things i ordered from other places in the world