Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eating Weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Nutbust, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Was walking down in the hood and saw some kids chewing on bud, right there on the street. Never tried it or considered it as it seems unbelievably dumb, but has anyone tried eating weed?

2. No but my friends do it all the time, Its more of a body buzz.

3. It definitely works, you have to eat a lot(I would say 3 G's+), and it wouldn't be even 1/4 as strong if you would smoke that 3g's.

4. only eat weed if a cop is approaching your car.

5. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgExfLXA_gw]This cop must be a pothead - YouTube[/ame]

6. They just wasted their weed because simply chewing on bud like that isn't going to do anything but give you a lot of fiber.

7. Doesn't do anything if you eat the nugs.

8. I've heard that it's actually really good for you and you can get really high and start hallucinating if you eat it, but you have to eat several grams so I'd rather just smoke/vape/cook it.

9. I've made edibles and eaten abv if that's what you mean. Eating straight bud wont get you high...

10. [quote name='"StonedApe"']I've heard that it's actually really good for you and you can get really high and start hallucinating if you eat it, but you have to eat several grams so I'd rather just smoke/vape/cook it.[/quote]

Definitely not true. Gotta heat it to activate all the different chemicals. You might get a tiny buzz off a couple grams if you're lucky.

11. If eating a couple grams will give you a tiny buzz, then eating several grams should have a greater effect right?

12. You won't even get a "tiny buzz".

13. #13 nanners, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
    Haha... no dude. You won't get high at all from eating straight bud.

Edit: unless you're talking about abv, because thats already Decarboxylated.

14. There are a lot of other active ingredients in weed besides THC so I wouldn't discount entirely people who claim to feel an effect from it. But THC itself is fat soluble and needs to be dissolved in butter or oil.

15. People claiming they're getting an effect from raw are preteens and teens that don't know what they're talking about.

16. bingo

17. Well, there are 100s of cannabonoids, I wouldn't be surprised if some were activated just through the normal digestion process. I'm not about to waste weed testing that theory out however.

18. it can't get you high lol thats a waste

19. #19 nanners, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
    Actually I might be wrong, might get you only a little high but not very effective at all.

20. It's not about the amount of cannabinoids; it's the fact that they're not in bioavailable form.