Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eating thyme to get higher?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Brenkin, Jan 7, 2014.

1. So I know that mangoes can get you higher if you eat them before you smoke, and that is due to their myrcene content. Problem is, I don't have any mangoes.

I also read somewhere that thyme has an incredibly high myrcene content (40%). So, I ask, could eating thyme before smoking potentially get me higher?

2. Well, I guess it could work. However, a mango weighs around 500g. And while a mango contains significantly less myrcene than 40%, I think you would be sick and tired of thyme before ingesting a comparable amount. I sometimes eat a mango before smoking, and it doesn't improve the high enough for me to eat thyme.

3. Just skip all the bs and smoke more if u wanna get more lit!! :rolleyes:

4. yea you could try tea but not sure about potency either...theres an essential oil of something that also has high myrcene content and you can put a drop on your tongue then smoke as normal...ive read but havent gone on the hunt to find it. ive tried lemongrass tea which gives me a little buzz accompanying the high but not incredibly noticable.

5. I've read that the mango thing only really helps improve low quality bud.

the yield is < 20% unless you enjoy the pit and skin

7. don't know anything about thyme but i'm super happy to learn about mangoes 

it's mango season in my neck of the woods 

8. #8 bubblekarma, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014

Google it, it's an interesting topic. However, results vary widely.