Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eating or smoking for RLS?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by CityCoast, May 4, 2011.

1. well ever since I started smoking Cannabis, my RLS problems seemed to almost vanish.

but

I will still get it from time to time, usually it's when I get no sleep at night(have trouble sleeping too). I've never had any edible form of it, and people say it gives more of a body high which particularly involve the legs & does last a lot longer.. so should eating be a lot more effective to help with my RLS? and possibly my sleep too?

2. I was relatively-recently diagnosed with Witmaack - Ekbom Syndrome (i refer to it by the "clinical name" because my case is more severe then RLS [nerve/muscle activity, sometimes painfull] and happens to every nerve/muscle in my body. I dont have a visible twitch or anything, i can just feel it. THAT is the worst because then i have nothing to prove to people.) but I've been a long time smoker.

i find that heavy medical strains are phenomenal for it. smoking is an instant relief that lasts a decent amount of time, but edibles are ultimately more effective. a strong brownie will leave me with a light body high (never reacted strongly to edibles, but they've always been well-made. once was from a dispensary in Colorado, lol), but the WES was almost non-existant while I felt the primary effects. However, edibles don't "take my mind off of it" (if you know what i mean) like smoking does.

For what it's worth, I have been very successful with the combination of Gabapentin and smoked (or vaporized. same medicinal effect on this condition from what I've noticed) cannabis. i'll take 300-600 mgs of the gaba during the day (normally 3 in the am and 3 at work). and smoke as needed/as I can (not gonna lie, i've always <3'd cannabis). works wonders.

3. I'd recommend vaporization. It's as instant as smoking and less harmful to the body. Will also make you less tired! :}

Just reread and noticed you want to get some sleep.

Making edibles from the left over vapoo from vaporizing will knock your ass out :]

Enjoy.

4. #4 Bohbo, May 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2011
  5. I wanted to post that. :hello:

6. Yeah, it isn't JUST hilarious! I mean honestly if my doctor was like well you should try masturbating more for your XXXX symptoms. I was like OMG no wonder I never had this in Junior High!

7. That's great inform to us ....
    I like it bro..
    :D:D:smoke::smoke::rolleyes: