Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eating not working for some people?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by pawlow, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Honestly eating isn't cost efficient. You have to use a substantial amount to get high compared to smoking. My guess is you need a higher dose to really feel it.

That's not true, if you know how to make edibles right they are more cost efficient than smoking. If I were to smoke a gram of mids a day, or instead decarb and cook that gram, I would get higher for longer and consume all the cannabinoids versus destroying and losing most of them during smoking. You should check out my guide for making them.

In fact, I get a little disappointed when people say they have ganja treats, because I know they won't do shit for me.

Maybe you should try decarboxylated and fried until brown edibles. They fuck you up http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...aleos-potent-decarboxylated-cannabis-oil.html

2. Want to be efficient? Use a vaporizer.

I suggest firecrackers made with Nutella. I use between .25 and .60 grams per firecracker and get knocked out for 4-7 hours. :) And I have a relatively high metabolism (thanks to a daily workout routine).

3. Yeah I'm affected by edibles but sadly, my friend is not.

He made a batch of firecrackers. Within the same batch, we both had one. I was almost too high to go to work but he didn't feel a damn thing.

4. #24 yoctown, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
    The difference between smoking it though is that it is absorbed more quickly and not over such a long period of time in which it seems to effect you more. Though you do absorb more thc through digesting it. If you smoked a gram of weed i guarentee you would feel more high then eating it but eating it would last longer I'm sure. But in the sense that you intake more thc i would have to retract my previous statement of it not being cost effective but the way it effects you is different and has to be taken in a higher dose because of that.

5. you might just have to eat a lot. i used to make a shit ton of brownies, i was even nick named the brownie man on campus. first batch i ever made, my homie ate 1 and couldn't move or talk on the couch for a few hours. i didn't feel a damn thing. ended up being I had to eat like 3. I used TOP NOTCH fucking weed. About 7 grams for 12 brownies. Thats a little over a half gram per brownie. Which means i was consuming like 2 grams when I wanted to get high.

I've made dozens of batches and received nothing but compliments from EVERYONE. There wasn't one person that didn't tell me "dood those were friggin STRONG." I even had one tiny 100lb asian girl take one bite and had a panic attack and made her friends take her to the hospital.

I guess from my experience, some people just don't get AS HIGH with that method.

What I can tell you though, is you would not regret buying a vaporizer. It makes my stash last twice as long and you can always save the vaped weed and make more edibles.

6. What he said :)

7. Smoking results in a higher peak concentration of cannabinoids about 5 minutes after smoking. The highest peak of smoking vs the same amount eaten in edibles, smoking had a higher concentration at any given point but edibles keeps you at a comparatively high level for longer

8. Quit sharing unless it’s a chick that ur gunna bone even then only blaze with er after sex.

9. #29 rpangelov, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Lots of wrong info here... so I will share my opinion a little bit. I do only edibles after suffering from pneumothorax - I am unable to smoke anymore. Edibles work far better than smoking... smoking is just very straight proces - there is not much what can go wrong. Edibles do need some preparation, but once you know how... it is also pretty straight process.
    1. You ALWAYS NEED TO DECARB! Decarbing in microwave is the biggest mistake you can make. You must decarb your material in oven at 240F for 40 minutes... just like that - not in oil, not covered or whatever... just bake it at 240F for 40mins in oven. That is how you transform inactive THCa to active THC.
    2. You need fat/oil to carry your product your body. Best products are coconut oil or MCT oil.
    3. Use good products... if you use trim which wont get you high if you smoke it... it wont get you high if you eat it... pretty simple, right?
    4. For tincture... you need 190 proof alcohol... your 40% wont work even a little.

Check the pinned on top threads "Hallucinating hash caps for hempheads" and "Another tincture thread" there is so much info... you only need to read it.

Edit: Metabolism has nothing to do with edibles except how fast they will hit - faster metabolism - faster hit. I have also fast metabolism and most of the times, edibles hit me in 30mins.

Edibles are much more powerfull than smoking - ever heard of 11-hydroxy-thc? This is what your liver makes out of thc - this is much more psychoactive than the smoking 9-delta-thc. Just do your research!

Please dont suggest others to do stupid thinks like decarbing in microwave... this is not going to work. You only bring misunderstandings here and people are getting confused.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Are you just on a mission to bump all the old threads on here or nah?? Every one I've clicked on is years old & you're bumping them lmaooo

11. Its definitely possible for some people to be immune. I'm another one of the many people who has tried it all. All brassnwoods methods and everything. Even tried eating a gram and a half of pure distillate. Nothing.

It really blows but yeah some people just cant feel edibles. I've had so many times people tell me to just try thier edible, it will work this time, etc....then I'll take 3 to 5 times the amount of thier edible that they recommended and still get nothing etc.. it sucks so bad.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. DING DING DING DING!!!!!!! That's what I'm doing wrong (that's my thread). Get up Saturday morning and eat a big piece of canna coconut hockey puck while I drink my coffee, and don't eat breakfast for a couple of hours later. And nothing happens.

So I should have this with food between breakfast and lunch.

And do you get the munchies with marijuana brownies?

13. Totally agree with vaporizer being excellent investment..plus you can use your vaped weed to infuse butter/shortening for edibles;)