Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eating not working for some people?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by pawlow, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Good evening fellow stoners,
    I come to you with a problem that's been bugging me for quite some time. I'm 19, a student, and of course pretty broke all the time, so I have always been looking for a way to get the most out of my weed. To do that I tried to make Cannabutter about a year ago. I followed some recipe that was reviewed positively and thought I couldn't go wrong. Unfortunately, the Cannabutter did nothing for me except taste really gross. I tried making some a couple of times after that, it still didn't work. Then about 3 months ago I tried to make Green Dragon, I put some really good weed into a jar of Grappa (40%, maybe too low percentage?) for about 4 days or so and then heated it on the stove for about an hour (no, it did not boil). It tasted even worse then the Cannabutter but I still drank it. It didn't work either.

Now I'm looking for some answers.

1. Are there people who simply don't respond to edibles? Maybe my guts can't absorb the THC or something?
    2. What would the fool proofest method be to make the most out of my weed. Just let it soak in oil for a month?

It really hurts me to waste like half of my weed with smoking, and eating would also be much easier to do at home with my parents around.

Hope some of you master chefs can help me. :)

2. While I can't answer your second question, I have had some experience with the first.

My husband doesn't get high off of edibles at all.

There are always people who will say "that's not possible, he's just not eating the right edibles" but that is definitely not the case here.
    The edibles we get are potent and from very legit sources, and he's tried different varieties from different people many times with the same result.

The most recent occasion I can think of is when we got a few ganja rice krispy treats.
    My husband and I have a pretty similar tolerance level. I ate one and it knocked me on my ass.
    He ate three and didn't get high off of them at all.

As to what causes this, I'm not sure. I've seen a few threads from people experiencing the same problem and one thing they tend to have in common is metabolism.

My husband has a freakishly high metabolism. He could eat a horse and not gain a pound from it. :p
    I'm not sure about the science, but it seems like metabolism may be a factor. :confused_2:

3. While this is most definetly true i dont think youvr tried edibles enough or messed with the dosage enough to place yourself in that category.

I reccomend using Paleos oil method about 3 grams in some coconut oil decarboxylate in microwave fry until brown and ingest bud and all wait 2 hours and see what happens im sure you would be pretty blazed.

Your green dragon was definetly done all wrong. You need a way higher proof. Decarboxylate yhe bud first and let sit fot 3 days.

Decarboxylate means placing up to 3 grams in a regular microwave for 1 min 20 seconds.

4. [​IMG]

Like I said, it's not the edibles, man. :p
    The edibles we get are quite potent and made very well by people who have been doing this kind of thing for years. If they just weren't good edibles, they wouldn't be working for me and every single other person I know who tries them, with the exception of my husband. ;)
    We have tried this many times in varying dosages with different edibles from different reputable sources, and it is the same thing every time. It's not the edibles themselves that are causing it. :poke:

I agree it's still a possibility that the OPs edibles were not potent enough/made right but I do believe from what I have seen that it is entirely possible to be unaffected by edibles. :hide:

5. Thanks for your advice, but isn't this just the process of inactive THC turning to active THC? I get my bud from Holland and it's handled and cured in the best way possible, I thought it couldn't really get much more potent because most of the inactive THC got activated by being cured well.

Also I don't know American microwaves, but my German microwave goes up to 800 W. What level should I put it on?

@junkiedays: O man that makes me sad. But I don't think it's my metabolism really, I get the chubs real quick when I eat too much, so I hope it was just me fucking up the cooking process. :/

6. I personally don't believe it's possible for a well made edible to give absolutely no effect. Unless you don't have a GI tract. Poorly made edibles can be underwhelming, and eating them without a meal or as your first meal of the day can cause what's known as first pass effect, which breaks down some of the cannabinoids into breakdown products or oxidated cannabinoids with less effect.

Now, if you or someone you knows swears they made edibles perfect, or bought from someone who does, and didn't get an effect, try this method.

Do you want a foolproof method of creating potent edibles? http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...aleos-potent-decarboxylated-cannabis-oil.html

Decarboxylate in microwave or oven (or wait 6 months lol), fry until the plant material is dark brown in a fat or oil, eat with a meal.

Save the plant material since it's a dose in itself.

Thanks for your advice, but isn't this just the process of inactive THC turning to active THC

Its more complicated then that, but yes thats the idea. Any bud can benefit from decarboxylation, unless it's been cured exteremly well and long.

7. I put some really good weed into a jar of Grappa (40%, maybe too low percentage?) for about 4 days or so and then heated it on the stove for about an hour (no, it did not boil).

Too low of a percentage, and possibly your cannabis wasnt decarboxylated. You should have still felt something, though. Oh, and boiling cannabinoids in alcohol is safe for the cannabinoids, but dangerous to you and your house! Even boiling water with QWISO extract oil is safe, and is even a method of decarboxylation.

8. Hey thanks for the advice, I read your thread and it sounds very promising. Seems to be quick and potent. I'm gonna pick up some cheap outdoor stuff and try it first. I'm also gonna take the first meal part into consideration.

But what plagues me is how you manage to eat the fried bud. It was already really hard for me not to hurl just from the Cannabutter/Dragon (and I mixed that with a lot of milk and vanilla powder). I cringe just thinking about it.

9. But what plagues me is how you manage to eat the fried bud. It was already really hard for me not to hurl just from the Cannabutter/Dragon (and I mixed that with a lot of milk and vanilla powder). I cringe just thinking about it.

I know, I know. You can strain and cook it into brownies for better taste, but I just take it like a shot of vodka - chased with water instantly. Painless.

My tips - even though you've probably read everything I said already - is decarboxylate, fry until dark brown, eat with a meal. Find a way not to waste the spent plant material too.

10. try this:

either decarb your fresh herb [3gs], or dump your vaped herb [7gs] into a jar, pour 5 shots of EVERCLEAR or BACARDI 151 into the jar. Shake vigoriously. Shake vigorously twice a day, everyday for a month. Once month is over, strain, fill a shot glass, dump it into a glass full of orange juice, and drink.

11. Well I haven't found any 90% or more percentage alcohol here in German supermarkets, I don't think we have Everclear here, but maybe I'll check out some of the beverage markets around here, they got a huge range of booze. But first I'm gonna try Paleo's frying method, sounds very promising. Wish I had some cash now. :/

12. If you get a 80-90 percentage alcohol I think that - after decarb - 3 days is plenty of time. good luck on the frying

13. #13 Willyum, Nov 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2010
    I know I'm new to grasscity but have done this a couple times. I took a gram and about 2 cups of peanut butter, a few tbs of nutella, and a couple tbs of veg oil. put it in a crock pot and cooked it for about 3 hours. It will just smell like peanut butter. Then I let it sit for a week, ate it, got blazed out of my mind. I swear by this and its easier than cannabutter.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sounds just the same difficult as cannabutter - cool method nonetheless.
    A pure fat (butter) >>> peanut butter and nutella

not saying it doesnt work, its just more concentrated

also, you dont need to let it sit

15. Thanks!
    I've actually heard of people burning and having problems with butter.
    I tried it the night and it took me a while to get high.
    Then I tried it a week later and got super baked. It might have been what I ate that day.
    Again, I'm new to bud in general just sharing my experiences! :eek:

and I'm the same, not trying to argue.

16. Ive never been able to burn the cannabinoids out of butter or any oil, even when I accidentally leave it on.

Yeah normally if you have a lot of food in your stomach, it will take up to 5 hours to get to the peak and by then, its been diluted so you kind of missed the buzz. Thats why I suggest eating normal sized meals if youre gonna dose

17. Very Interesting, maybe I will try some butter.

I just realized your name. d' oh. Do you have a website or a thread about your cooking adventures. Its all very interesting to me being a culinary arts student.

18. No, but I have about 10 high-fat low carb recipes with pics on my computer that I need to get to putting up here for you blades.

I have a thread about the cannabis and fat infusion method though. It's on the first page of this section of the site.

19. #19 yoctown, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
    Honestly eating isn't cost efficient. You have to use a substantial amount to get high compared to smoking. My guess is you need a higher dose to really feel it. As for people "not getting high off edibles" eat a few of mine. I have never heard that from anyone. People don't even eat a full one of mine they are so strong. I have had edibles from clubs many times and they have seemed to be not very strong at all.

Interesting thread :
    http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...irst-pass-metabolism-why-its-not-working.html

20. I don't trust edibles myself, I've never gotten high off of them (maybe once, in college) and while in college, they were everywhere, and I've tried them way too many times with no results. Usually I'll eat and eat and eat and then sit and sit and sit.... and then sleep. No bueno, I'd rather smoke. In fact, I get a little disappointed when people say they have ganja treats, because I know they won't do shit for me.