Eating my Babies!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by youndbud, May 2, 2013.

1. some kind of insect is nibbling on my plants and i am in urgent need of something to stop this. my seedlings have holes in them and stuff.

2. A little more info could help diagnose this situation, and also I would of posted this in the plant problem section.
    What type of bug are they? And google what repels them.

3. thats the thing idk what they are so i was kinda looking for an all around remedy

4. Neem oil repels many bugs. I Can't help to much considering I have absolutely no clue what it is eating them. Observe what it looks like and try and figure out what it is

5. It could be moths or snails. I would get a big zapper and surround area with snail killer.

6. I would definitley say try and figure out what kind of bugs are eating your plants. If you figure that out, you'll be able to find the most effective way of killing them off, instead of trying things at random when you aren't sure of the pest.

If its something big enough, praying mantis could definitley take care of them, aphids would be destroyed by some ladybugs. As said before neem oil is good for repelling pests, and Doktor Doom makes some good stuff that is supposed to be safe for plants.

7. put a 2 litre bottle over them and put slug pellets down

8. It depends what they are like other posters have said. I've heard that Lady Bugs work well to eat bugs, and don't harm the plants at all. Other than that Neem Oil could work, as it repels many different bugs, so IF it didn't work, then you could narrow your search a bit as well. Plus Neem Oil stinks. lol. I wasn't prepared for that. One of my least favorite smells that I've come across. lol. 

9. Put a piece of copper wire on the ground around the stem, should help if its slugs.