Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eating Kief?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Stealf, Mar 17, 2011.

1. If I got kief on my fingers and I licked it off, is there any chance I could get a little high? Does it have to be heat activated aswell or what?

2. hahahahaaaaa, this is like asking if 2+3=3

3. I don't know where you found this connection.

4. What..

5. No, you just wasted some perfectly good keif
    Enjoy your smoke :wave:

6. hes saying it doesn't work....you cant get high from eating kief

7. kief is just very potent marijuana, so no eating it straight wont get you high,

8. No, the reason you smoke weed is because it needs to be ignited in order for the cannabinoids to beam back to the venutians or something like that.

But no seriously that won't do anything. The reason eating brownies works is because the THC is released into the fat when they're heated in the oven.

9. Ye man it works, but only if you drink the blood of a unicorn after.

[​IMG]

10. ^ touche

11. ive been thinking about this a whole lot. and ive always bought into the thinking that no, it wont get you high (licking kief off your fingers) because of the fat-solubility factor.

a problem with this though is that a lot of us have seen anecdotal evidence to suggest at least some effect of simple raw ingestion. i witnessed a sober friend snort (different method, admittedly) five lines of high grade kief and claim a mildly upper-high that made him dance like a monkey for about 4 hours.

also, we know that eating a certain ammount of raw marijuana has to have some effect. otherwise, the common theory of an herbivore back in time stumbling on a proto-cannabis bush, munching, and getting pleasantly stoned doesnt make much sense.

what im saying, i guess, is i HIGHLY DOUBT, like the rest of you, that licking some high grade kief off your fingers is going to get you to the threshold of being noticeably stoned (especially if you have med to high tolerance). BUT, if you have some spare stems, or some kiefy fingers, it doesnt hurt to try and hit that threshold, anyways. plus, tastes fucking great.

12. It's almost as dumb as people claiming eating the roach of a blunt or joint will fuck you up.

No truth in that.

13. if you take enough thc orally, I've heard you can get high, just a waste and it takes a shit ton... ur not going to notice the kief from ur fingers, though it is prolly getting you a tiny tiny tiny buzz.. cuz anything that happens on a large scale happens on a smaller one as well

14. [​IMG]

15. as many people said here you cant get high licking kief off your fingers. put in a joint or something and then trip balls

16. nah mate lol. its impossible. THC is activated by heat, fat and alcohol only.
    :smoke:

17. im goin off what I've heard, ive never been in need enough to eat pot.. lol

18. Nah man, you won't get high.
    But, back when I used to have ounces of dank laying around I snorted kief a couple of times, not to get high, just so I could enjoy that smell all day. :smoking:

19. Well, it will reach your cannabinoid receptors but it certainly won't be enough to warrant any sort of reaction. Remember, THC is very slightly water soluble so it doesn't HAVE to be absorbed in to alcohol or oil to be ingested, but it certainly does help a bunch!