Eating Clean; A Life Style Change

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by lucylui, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Skipping breakfast puts you at higher risk for diabetes. 

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/health/211853871.html

"Eating breakfast was associated with a lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes in a study conducted at the University of Minnesota and published Monday in the journal Diabetes Care.
    The study found that people who ate breakfast at least four days a week had “a significantly lower risk” of obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes and other metabolic conditions than the abstainers."

2. Study is bullshit.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Nice counter argument. . . . 

No, the study is not bullshit. 
    Breakfast is important. Ask any doctor with half a clue.
    If you skip breakfast, you gobble shitty food down your gullet later in the day to make up for it. 

4. Nice counter argument. . . .

No, the study is not bullshit.
    Breakfast is important. Ask any doctor with half a clue.
    If you skip breakfast, you gobble shitty food down your gullet later in the day to make up for it.
    </blockquote>
    Did you read the study?

Theu basically said "if you skip breakfast and eat a bunch of carbs during your next meal as a result, youll get diabetes"

In other words eating lots of sugar causes diabetes.

This study was funded by the grain industry to promote cereal eating. Its a dicionary example of academic dishonesty.

Eating breakfast has no effect on diabetes. Eatihg tons of sugar does.

Honestly. Im i the only one who actually reads the studies people post?

Just because a study is done by a university doesnt make it credible. You need to read for yourself.

Its like thay study that "proved" red meat increases mortaility. But when you read the study, its actually alcohol cigarretes and a sedentary lifestyle that leads to mortality.

Wow, you need a mute button. 

Paid for by the grain industry? Source, please. 

Can you read?

Thanks for restating what I said. And making a straw man in the process. 

6. You have no idea what your talking about, please stop embarrassing yourself

7. I think you lookin fine!

8. #29 yurigadaisukida, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2013
    Wow, you need a mute button.

Paid for by the grain industry? Source, please.

Can you read?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="MustardPlug" data-time="1371835726">

</blockquote>

Thanks for restating what I said. And making a straw man in the process.
    </blockquote>Thwre is an ignore feature. Your free to ignore me.

The study is still bullshit. You just agreed with me " Thanks for restating what I said."

So why the hate?

Saying skipping breakfast causes diabetes is intentionally.misleading. ots always been known that high concentrations of sugar causes diabetes and it goes without saying that someone on a high carb.lifestyle will eat more carbs during lunch if they skip breakfast.

There is no need to get angry. Its a discussion.

As far as the other comment avout any doctor who has half a brain telling you to eat breakfast... tuay was silly.

More research supports not eating breakfast then eating it.

Intermittent fasting lifestyles are scientifically proven to lower rates of chronic illness, lengthen lifespan, and acticate beneficial genes. (Studies have been done not just on humans and rats, these genes have been discovered in mammals)

And do i really need to cite a source that it was paid for by the grain industry? Lol

You can be certain thay anything studied by a university was funded by monsanto/biotech, big pharma, or big agri. Thats common knowlege

9. Once again, nice straw man.

No sources needed..... You can just make stuff up. It's cool. I'll take your word for it.

I'm done. You said it yourself ... you're so healthy.

:hide:

10. Wheat toast and butter and beer is good

11. Nice to see a thread promoting healthy lifestyle turn into a argument. Op asked to post weight loss changes and tips to a healthier lifestyle i see neither in 80% of posts in this thread.

12. Your making this into something its not...

Chill out

13. So I making healthy stuffed peppers tonight! I use ground turkey in place of lamb or ground beef and quinoa instead of rice. Its one of my favorites and the fillig is great with spaghetti squash as well! Let me know if you want the recipe... even my non-clean eater boyfriend loves these bad boys

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I had these twice in the last week, but without the meat, they are so good!! I am definitely going to try the spag squash. I have been eating  vegetarian for almost 3 months now. Unlike many people I did not have trouble off the start. I still eat eggs, although less and less as time goes on. I think the reason I found it easy was that I did read up on what vegetarians tend to lack and how to get them. I also started taking a multivitamin to help make sure I get what I need. 
    I have enjoyed learning how to use new foods, vegetables cook faster than meet, although raw vegetables are healthiest. Eventually I could see myself moving towards a raw food diet, but for now, I am happy as a vegetarian.

There's plenty of reason to eat a vegetarian diet, but there is plenty of reason to eat meat too. Honestly the biggest factor that pushed me into vegetarianism is the attitude that it's not a meal without meat. Most people I know eat meat with at least 2 meals everyday. They don't know what produce is other than the lettuce for their "salad" lol. I would never tell anyone to stop eating meat, you don't need to. But the amount of meat the average american diet contains is too high in my opinion.

15. Takes two to argue an op was raging.

Debating science =\= arguing. When op turned it into an argument i told her twice to chill out.

Op had control of her thread in this case

16. Eggs have begun to work their way out of my diet too. I like them every once in a while but those times are few and far between. I love cooking with new veggies though. I'm continuously buying new things at the store and incorporating them into my normal meals. My veggie for this week is going to be kale. I've never had it before but see so many health benefits. What do you know about kale? Do you use it?

I was not arguing with anyone. Please stop.

17. Eggs are super healthy but i find it hard to eat lots of them. Ibtry but cant bring.myselfnto do it

18. 1372030805653.jpg
    Clean fish tacos.
    Lettuce for the wrap. Fish marinated in evoo lime juice chili powder jalapeno and cilantro. My veggie mix and greek yogurt. Yummmmmo. Changed my mind for dinner!

I tried making kale chips, I did not like them. I sometimes use kale in wraps or on a veggie burger and it is not bad. I've wanted to try juicing for a while and I heard kale can be good in juice so I think I will try next.