Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eating cannabis - does it work for you?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Lebowski, Jan 29, 2009.

1. I want to find people like me, who don't feel anything when they eat cannabis.

I've eaten cannabis about 20 times now, and i've never had decent effects. The last 5 or 10 times I ate 3x the recommended dosage. Nothing ever happens. Sometimes 2 hours in I feel a tiny head change, but its really nothing.

The last time I tried it I microwaved 0.5 grams of really good hash, this hash was being used to make strong edibles (at my dispensary) with a dosage of 0.2 grams per edible. The 0.2 dosage is well enough for most people. I microwaved the hash and ate it right away on some buttered toast, totally empty stomach. This time, 2 hours in, I did feel a body high come on, a swelling, whooping rollercoaster feeling in my stomach and limbs... it came on but didnt go far, and ended up being weak. An hour after (3 hours after eating the hash) I smoked a bowl because I didnt feel high.

Anyway, if you're like me, and for some odd reason your stomach/liver refuses to digest cannabis, post your story here, and any techniques you found that make edibles work better.

I'm really most interested in any techniques you know of to make edibles work better.
    I talked to my budtender (really knowledgable guy) about this. He's the one who gave me the hash to eat straight. We concluded that its probably related to biochemistry, and that maybe I lack the enzymes necessary to break down THC.

2. maybe you have that 1 mutant gene thats immune when ingesting cannibus ? Well if this is the case we need to give you a new X-man mutant name. how about dulo ?

3. nah i have the same problem... i've made firecrackers 4 times so far and have put about 1g in each and eaten on an empty stomach and still felt nothing. its weird tho i am not really reactive to anything ingested orally tho. even with pills... i've had some double stacks once and still didn't feel shit. thats why i stick to smokin weed =P

4. #4 wraughbit, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2009
    Same bro.

I've eaten it nearly 10 times. It's worked ONCE! and it was when I woke up 8 hours later. I was higher than I had ever been in my life. I could hardly talk. That's the only time it's worked.

I shit you not, I ate 6 weed brownies yesterday with apparently a qrt. of schwag in each. You can see the pics of whats left in my pick up thread. "what's up GC?" When I mean 10 times, I mean more than 10 times. It's been at least 12 times. Most were by myself, but half probably were with other people when other people got high and I didn't at all.

http://forum.grasscity.com/seasoned-tokers/305738-whats-up-gc-56k-warning-lol-4.html

5. have tried several firecrackers to no avail....mids, dank, Jiffy, and natural PB. Once I felt it creep in my limbs and I expected it to take off and 2 hours later nothing.

6. Yeah thats exactly what happened when I ate the hash. I felt a body high start to come on, and before I knew it, it was going away.

7. Yep! Last night when I had those 6 brownies and rice crispy bars, I definitely felt something, but I wasn't high. or buzzing. I just had kind of a light head at most.

8. I have never gotten high off edibles alone. I've eaten half pans of brownies/cookies without feeling anything other than tired. Only feel it after ripping the bong a few times too.

9. same here, i have never been high from edibles, which i hav tried atleast 6 times or so. i may hav minorly MINORLY felt them but by no means would i say i was high. i remember a time or 2 after i smoked on them tho my high did feel stronger than it usualy might be

10. yeah edibles work well for me, i smoke everyday at least 3 times and i had a hash brownie like a week ago, a good one, and i was really high for like 12 hours

11. If it's not workin straight then do what many people have already said they've done, smoke after eating. It shouldn't take more than 30-45 min to feel the high on an empty stomach, but if it isn't working then smoke. The THC from the edibles is still in your system and smoking should stir it up a bit. Myself, I can eat 3 brownies and fall over completely out of it an hour later. They hit me hard for some reason.

12. #12 Tokr2, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2009
    At 1st edibles didnt work for me either. See the trick i use... is to eat something about 1-2 hours after u eat the edible. i think the food breaks down the thc or something... not exactly sure? And i use about 1 oz of good trees, like kush usualy,cause of the uplifting high for 1 box of blueberry cupcakes. But thats what works for me. Its a totally diff high for me. All body and makes me feel stupid!

13. Ive gotten fucked up on pot cookies one time and I ate about half a batch that I used a half ounce of some decent beasters in and I was in the sky. But all of the other times I have felt nothing, probably because my tolerance is pretty high but idk.

14. Hahaha! This was an awesome idea. I'm really high but i'm assuming this was a joke?

15. #15 SleepyShoegazer, Apr 21, 2009

Same for me. I just dont bother with trying to eat it anymore. I hear it's a slightly different high, so I'm curious, but not curious enough to waste more smokeable for it to not work. Rather have the sure-fire smoke. Plus, I enjoy the smoking process, so just munching on something isn't half as fun for me. I've made Firecrackers and eaten them with no effects, but my friends were high as kites, so I know it wasn't my Firecracker-making-skills.

16. #16 wraughbit, Apr 21, 2009
    it's no fucking joke. I've eaten hundreds of dollars in pot and never gotten high off eating it, except for once when I cooked it for REALLY long time. It was when I woke up too, cause I got tired of waiting for nothing..

I know some one who says they can make really good brownies and he says if I don't feel one of his brownies I don't have to pay him. I've eaten shit many times with other people when they got high off it and I didn't.

17. Wait...when you say "eating pot" do you mean edibles or like, eating the weed by itself..

18. microwave? shit man nah dont use the microwave use an oven ....... microwave is the thing that kills all the chemicals thats get u high ...... THC, CBN , CBD ..... etc ....... try it in the oven ull feel a lot higher than puttin it in the miscrowave

19. I've bought edibles from the clinic, and they didn't work. I tried cooking my own weed brownies, and it didn't work. I'm basically stuck on the idea that people who get high are just imagining it lol.

20. Please, explain how it "kills chemicals".