Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Eat it all at once or space it out?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Cannalove, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Until last night I had always just eaten as much as I was going to have all at once (one or two edibles depending on potency) This had always worked fine for me. But last night I got a space cake from the coffeeshop Happy Feelings and the guy working told me to eat a third at a time, spacing it out over 3 hours. He said it would let the high build up nicely. I tried this and I'm not sure how I felt about it. I think I like getting hit with it all at once.

What are other peoples' experiences with different ways of eating? Is breaking it up over time a common thing to do?

Do you think he was just telling me to do that so I wouldn't freak out? I don't look like much of a stoner. :p

2. he gave you cautionary advice.

I take it all together. sometimes half and half an hour or two apart just to have two mini peaks

3. Some of this information might help you. According to Erowid.com,

Cannabis Duration: Oral

Total Duration 4-10 hrs
    Onset 30-120 mins
    Coming Up 30-60 mins
    Plateau 2-5 hrs
    Coming Down 1-2 hrs
    After Effects 6-12 hrs

For oral consumption, duration is complicated by stomach contents and delivery mechanism. Taking THC-capsules on an empty stomach lasts much shorter than eating THC-containing cookies or food, which take hours to fully digest. Oral consumption causes the THC levels to peak between 2 and 4 hours and last for 4 to 8 hours.