Easy kush problem, diagnosis needed (photos inc)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by stringless101, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Hello all

I'm upto day 21 of flower and one of my easy kush girls seems pretty unwell, the upper leaves are canoeing badly and the lower leaves are yellowing and dying.

I'll list the nutes below but so far this has been going on for about 2 weeks, I wanted to try a flush and build he nutes back up slowly but nothing has helped. I suspected light burn or heat but my other two girls are (pretty much) fine. I'm running one 250w red hps bulb and one low energy blue bulb. temp and humidity are both fine.

One mistake I made was I used too little soil so she's in a 11l smart pot but it's only half full, could this be the problem, I filled the other two correctly. She's drinking fine and is fed a most every other day

Nutes: 2 tsp raw cal/mag per gallon
    4ml biobizz bloom
    4ml biobizz grow
    4ml biobizz top max
    2 ml plant magic bio silicon
    5ml heavy weight carbs (every 3rd feed)

I'd really appreciate any suggestions, especially from someone who's had this problem or knows for sure what it is, feel free to ask for any info I've missed above

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Leave curl is often a humidity thing look to getting a gauge

15 liter pots would be better thats 3 us gallon and does well for the 90 days ahead

water: only go by the weight of the pot and feed less right now flush with 3 times the volume of the pot allow to

recover over night or in dim light

good luck

3. Thanks for the reply man, I have a hygrometer and humidity is a solid 35%. I use the weight method for feeding and she's light every other day. I'm guessing the fact she's thirsty is good.

4. I think you're going to have to check for bugs eating the roots.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #5 stringless101, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    Why would you say that, there's no evidence of that. I've read a lot and no where suggests canoeing of leaves could be due to bugs. What bugs do you mean, fungus gnats are really the only ones I know that attack root systems

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 Trichuk, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    I would say u have a broad mite infestation.
    Here is a picture to give an idea how small these things are. This is a White fly, and Broad Mites are on it.
    [​IMG]
    This is the damage they do.[​IMG]

7. The term needed to understand what you're plant is doing is called cupping, canoeing is the other direction.

8. That photo was taken from a forum post in which the diagnosis was not confirmed so there's no guarantee it was broad mites. I really don't want to start using mitisides unless I'm sure.

This problem has been going on for over a month and has gotten no worse, also the two other plants show no syptoms and are healthy, surely that would point to something other than mites ad they spread like wildfire when unchecked.

Why would canoeing only curl downwards, that would be an upside down canoe, Google canoeing and he pictures look like this.

9. I'll get the microscope out later and have a good look. If I do find mites, do you have any experience of dealing with them?

10. After checking every mm of every leaf with a x80 microscope, I can confirm there are no creepies. I may have found the problem, my hygrometer had frozen and when I reset it my temps are up over 90 so I'm pretty sure heat is the problem. I've opened the windows in the room in an attempt to bring the temp down

• Like Like x 4
  11. I think you hit the nail on the head. Might be a little dry too.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  12. Awesome! Glad you found its not bugs.

• Like Like x 1
  13. scratch the surface of the soil and if there are roots very close to the top they look like they may be drying out and need some mulch or more soil mix to keep them moist/cool and make sure when you water it isn't running down the sides of the pot creating uneven moisture in the root zone, you can spray the surface with water to get it moist before you water and then it goes right in where you put it.

14. It's too damn hot. Suprised no one figured this out.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 5
  15. #15 CarterCannabis, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    There are definitely no bugs... Lol, heat issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. 90 and above is too hot. Ideal temp is around 65-75.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

17. Didn't even see the temps posted. Is the problem fixed?

18. Plants are doing a bit better but still showing signs of heat stress. I'll try adding some more soil to protect the roots.

• Like Like x 2
  19. If your soil stays cool and you have a lot of pot space it'll protect the ladies from extra heat.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Watch the new growth it will tell you what's up. Kelp extract is good for stress.