Easy Co2 feeding for beginners

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Newbiegrowr, Jan 22, 2011.

1. What you'll need:
    Carbonated water
    Open top container (Bowl, pot, large cup, anything)

I have been trying this based on a video I saw on YouTube and my plants seem to be liking it a lot. I purchase liters of carbonated water from the grocery store near my home for 75¢ and I use a medium bowl.

I turn the fan off first. Then I pour the carbonated water into the bowl and place it under the plants and leave it there for about 2-3 hours. I then remove it and turn the fan back on. I use 1 liter per feeding and I do this once every 5 days.

I don't know if it's a great source of Co2 but my results are encouraging so far. Just thought I would share the knowledge with my fellow beginners.

2. I think you're probably getting a lot more Co2 out of that lamp. My method is just cheap and easy. I'm kinda lazy =)

3. One can of carbonated water contains that same amount of CO2 as two exhales from your lungs. Saying "hello girls" to your plants is as effective or more so then the OPs method.

Sorry, wish it was not true. Save the soda for your mixed drinks.

4. Hey I use an entire liter so that's like 6-8 exhale! lol

What would you say a better method is? This is my first grow so I'm trying to get some basics down.
    I thought my method was slightly effective only because after the feeding I could always smell a very heavy plant-like smell in my tent. Goes to show that I'm still learning...

Thanks for taking the time to correct me. I appreciate the help. =)

5. Your plants are doing well because of your love for growing and your interest in their health. Give no credit to some soda water, it is all you.

Good ventilation will be enough to grow huge couch-lock buds. No such thing as cheap easy CO2 enrichment. It can be debated if it is right for your grow room. Do everything you can to make a cool well lit grow chamber/room. If you have made all the improvements possible in regards to ventilation and lighting, then perhaps you might want to dump a thousand bucks into CO2 enrichment.

Soda water myths came from "I Grow Cronic" video. The green faced guy makes a pretty good video production but some real lame growing advice.

6. #7 Newbiegrowr, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2011
    This is my first grow and I'm doing it in soil just so I can get the hang of it. My next grow is going to be a bubble bucket like yours. I couldn't find a better/easier bucket or DIY anywhere. I'll let you know how it turns out.