Eastbound and Down[Will Ferrell, Danny McBride]

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by MoonJuice, Feb 18, 2009.

1. #1 MoonJuice, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
    Promising new HBO series about a self-absorbed, highly delusional former-athlete whose Major League career ends amidst controversy returning to his home-town out of desperation and ends up (unhappily) landing a job as a PE coach at his former elementary school, created by and staring Danny Mcbride ("Red" from Pineapple Express).

Trailer:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNa9pceH8Jw"]YouTube - Eastbound & Down: On the Set (HBO)[/ame]

Eastbound & Down is a dark-comedy show from HBO, starring Danny McBride as Kenny, a former professional baseball pitcher, who after a disappointing career is forced to return to his hometown middle-school as a substitute physical education teacher. Will Ferrell and Adam McKay received an order for six episodes for the first season from HBO. The series is being produced by Will Ferrell's production company, Gary Sanchez Productions. The show premiered on February 15, 2009, at 10:30 p.m. and will air day-and-date in Canada on HBO Canada.

Making of: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajdVvPjX-eA"]YouTube - Eastbound & Down: Making Of (HBO)[/ame]

Homepage Link: http://www.hbo.com/eastboundanddown/

2. i think im gonna buy the HBO channel just to watch this show

3. HBO.

enough said.

loooks awesome!

4. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlyvS-sbWzo"]YouTube - Eastbound & Down - Opening Scene HBO series[/ame]

5. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPsLIPljJkE"]YouTube - Eastbound & Down: Car Commercial #2 (HBO)[/ame]

6. Yea I watched the first episode, I thought it was pretty funny

7. This show is fucking hysterical. I just hope that it is consistently funny in the future.

8. #8 MoonJuice, Feb 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2009
    Did anyone catch the second ep.? It maybe a bit early to lay down the judgment hammer but this show's not really progressing like I hoped it would. While the first ep. wasn't 'great' by any stretch of the imagination it was certainly hands-down stronger than this one. The Will Ferrell scenes just didn't work as I thought they would and the rest of the episode, sans the dance scene, came off just as lifeless and half-baked. It's only a six-ep. season so I'll stick with it but as to this point I'm disappointingly underwhelmed.

That said there definitely were some gems scattered throughout:

"What's all that silver-shit on your face? What were you doing, giving Robocop a blowjob?"

"This is real work, it isn't like teaching kids, you can't get fucked-up beforehand".

EDIT: And I forgot benching scene, although telegraphed from a mile away, was pretty great. "250-pounds of pure steel".

9. I watched the second episode, shyt was aight, nothin' special, I just hope the next episode is betta

10. I only saw one episode which I think was the second one. I thought this show was

hilarious, but I can see where some people wouldn't like it. When he puked on the dance

floor I couldn't stop laughing.

11. Call me crazy but I'm not a big fan of will ferrell. I mean, he's hilarious but just not a thing for me. I rather watch adam sandler over will ferrel any day. IMO much love.

12. this show is hilarious.

hbo's got a great sunday night, with flight of the conchords followed by eastbound.

13. Yeah this show is hilarious. I was laughing so hard sometimes I couldn't breath.

Favorite quote from the show so far that I can remember is: Marcus Shank (on cell phone) - "Hey, you'll never gonna believe who's sittin' in front of me...Kenny fuckin Powers! (giggles) No shit! Yeah, it's him! No, no, hell no...looks like shit...he looks like a big bag full of mashed up assholes!"

14. ha ha ha ha, yeah that was good.

i liked the quote at the end of the intro to the second episode.

kenny: "i got a dental dam in the glove compartment of my truck. you can just grab that."

tweaker chick: "what the fuck's a dental dam?"

kenny: "it's a rubber for your mouth. it's not that big of a deal ok? and besides, it's not just for my protection. you don't know what kinda shit i got either."

15. thy only man who would sell a broken bat for $5,000 hahahaha

i love this show
    danny mcbride is a genius

16. #16 2MuchSkunk2Nite, Mar 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009
    Ashley Schaeffer - "How about you throw the ball..come on! These people want to see a show, and I don't want to be embarrassed."

Kenny Powers - "Ya well..You're doing a good job of that on your own just by how you fuckin look"

17. Third episode was far and away my favorite thus far.
    The part where he's talking to the scout was hilarious and when Stevie attempts to pull the Nancy Kerrigan on the HS pitcher was another LOL moment.

What's up with Stevie though? Granted the first episode he was this sniveling little suck-up but at least he was somewhat normal despite, now all of a sudden, he's positively retarded.
    And I'm not just talking figuratively, did anyone catch him pulling his car out of the handicap spot in ep.02?

18. I was waiting with strained anticipation for the 2nd ep cause I wanted to see him get knocked down a few pegs.

but damn, that episode was so dark that it actually made me feel sorry for Kenny, especially that car dealership appearance.

best moment yet: in the first episode, he turns around and punches that dude in the face, and then the title goes right over the still, this shiw is good shit

19. I was tryin' to figure out why Kennyz nephew was dancin' like a fag for but then when I saw that girlz ass on his dick I understood why and couldn't stop laughin'

20. the sex scene opening for the 4th episode was one of the funniest things I have ever seen on TV.

"okay, yeah lets take a break. I'm just gonna give it a few more pumps 4...3...2.."