Earthworm Castings

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Maltball, May 27, 2007.

1. I've read from a few places that growing your plants in pure Earthworm Castings is fantastic. They'll grow quicker, bigger, amazing-er (lol) and all that.

Is this true? Sites that sell this stuff (its only like $25 for 30lbs) say 2 tsb for a 6" pot.

Any thoughts?

2. MY potting mix included earthworm castings, I recomend it and maybe some bat guano.

3. Yeah, I know. It is very potent, very good stuff for growing in. As for Bat Guano what kind is the right kind? At this website http://www.biconet.com/soil/earthwormcastings.html they have 10-3-1, 3-10-1, 8-4-1, 3-10-1 (again) Bat Guano. What would be best to mix with Earthworm Castings?

But back on topic: what about growing in PURE earthworm castings? As in no other soil added.

4. I have heard about people experimenting with pure ewc potting mixes in the passed, but of rescent the consesus is it's a waste to overdue it with the castings.. A lil goes a long way, and the benefits they offer can be obtained with low-moderate doses added to your potting mix..

Kinda like add a lil to a mix that is lacking and you'll see fantastic results

grow in 100% casting and get the same results or possibly worse then if u added a lil bit LOL.. The plant only needs so much, and any more becomes a waste of good material....

Also ewc doesn't work to well alone.. It has a tendency to crust up, and get hard.. IMO it can be used as a large part of the mix, say 20-30%, but the benefits you'd gain by ammending with different particulate matter perilite, soil, sand, organic compost, peat etc. would be a greater benefit for the plant then the pure ewc. The roots love texture, and different grain sizes. pure ewc doesn't leave to much room for oxygen, it kinda compresses when wet, and hardens up once it dries.

I love castings though. Really, really good shit. I ammend the soil with it, and also use it in teas with bat guano, and kelp meal..

5. High ball! listen to post...he is god...he knows all.....

***TBug continues to bow and chant, as he slowly backs away***

...lol
    Peace, bugout