Early sexing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sabre61fan, Oct 11, 2006.

1. I know that you can sex your plants and then put them back into veg. I am want to know if I can sex them when they are around 6" so that I can get the males out and clone the females to take the place of the males?

2. u answered ya own question...lol

yes u can sex reveg and clone take a good 2wks to start reveging tho..

3. i just thought that 6" might be to small to do this and do you mean that they will still flower for 2 weeks after i put them back to veg?

4. Check out urgr8estfear's thread in the Grow Journals section. He did the whole sex then re-veg so it should be a good read for you.

5. When you preflower and then turn back to Veg your plants usually still stay flowering for another week or 2, so would I be ok to just turn the lights to 12/12 for one week and then back to veg and still get them to show their sex? Also when I do flower them do I count those preflower weeks or do I still go a full 8 weeks?

6. no you cant turn the lights back to veg early hoping they will still sex

12/12 till they sex then back to 18/6, and no you cant count the previous sexing time towards your budding period

7. if you want to sex your plants early, without having to waste the time of revegging, do this. take a cutting like you're taking a clone. put it in a clone dome on a 12/12 light schedule. before long, you'll see what you've got. this way you haven't lost any veg time doing the re-veg thing.