Early sexing.

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by BioD, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Just wanted to see if anyone could help me determine the sex of my plant. Looks female, but not sure.
    Thanks for any input!

ForumRunner_20121031_011034.png

2. Hey BioD,

No sex showing, yet. Keep pacing the delivery room. :D

See ya...

3. Ahh damn, I got excited because it has these little two little points coming off the stem. Figured it maybe showing female traits. Bummer. Back to pacing I go..

4. I learn something new everyday. Found out what they are..
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=spicules whereas, stipules the part you are referring to are also called leaf spurs. Their job is to provide a little protection for the pistillate calyxes and the glandular trichomes!!!! So they are a protrusion of the stem allowing the trichomes to grow, which produce the hairs that allow us to decide if the herb superb is ready or not!!! Marijuana Botany by Robert Connell Clarke

5. ^^ :D

A plant will usually indicate its sex around the fifth or sixth week of veg, if it's going to. One, maybe two branch nodes will pop a calyx (F) or a set of balls (M) or a cumquat-looking thing that looks like it could be either.

Keep pacing, and watching, and a magnifying glass helps, and you'll know soon enough. :p :wave: