early sexing/clone help?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mokepot, Aug 30, 2006.

1. ok i have heard different things as far as the sexing goes. at like 8 inches switch to 12/12 and take a microscope and it will show the sex? male=cluster, female=hair is this correct? or just wait for the preflowers which come in about how long? also for the cloning when is the best time to clone? right before you flower it? and all u have to do is just cut a branch off of the plant from anywhere, and root it and plant it? how big will the clone grow? also for harvesting is it true that u can harvest a few times off a plant? if so then how? if u cut the buds off will it grow more? thanks for any help...:smoking:

2. yes you can take a plant and 12/12 it for sexing then re-veg it again

you can clone a mature plant pretty much anytime although its difficult after budding has started

you can take clones from the bottom or the top of the plant....take both to see which work best for that strain...I find the bottom branches have older hormones and root easier ..........buy a rooting hormone and read cloning threads previously posted (many, many methods)

the clones will grow as big as you want to veg them before you switch the photoperiod

multiple harvests off one plant?(takes tooo long to reveg a harvested plant)....more advantages to start clones off the mother for continued harvests

3. hey thanks for the reply...i was also wondering the sites where u take the cutting from will they still grow bud there or not? like if u are taking multiple cuttings from the plant will this cut down on the yield of the plant alot or what? thanks for any help...:smoking:

4. if u cut at the right time & place u will increase yield.
    Each branch u cut off = 2 more will grow in its place :D

5. thanks for the replys...when is the right time, and the right place exactly? thanks for any help...:smoking:

6. select a branch with 3 growth nodes..... snip your clone so that you have 2 growth nodes on the clone stem, leaving 1 growth node left on the plant, this one will usually grow 2 to replace what was lost

7. thanks for the replys...but i'm not sure what u are saying? ok so say u got ur one main stem then u got the branches coming off of it, well more branches form from the main branches, so i'm not quite sure where u are saying to cut? are u saying to cut the main branches or the branches that come off of them? are u saying like u have a main branch and it has 3 branches coming of it with internode growth to cut 2 of them, leaving only 1 branch left on the main branch? thanks for any help...:smoking:

8. also when is the best time to clone? thanks for any help...:smoking: