Early harvest???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kup2you, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Just finishing week 6 of flower with ak-47 and looked under my microscope and had a bunch of amber trichomes(at least 20%)I haven't even flushed yet. Should I just wait to harvest and flush? Does this even happen???? Opinions please!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I jumped the gun asking this. I was caught off guard. I read some good answers after I posted this. But still open to opinions. As of right now I'm going to flush and harvest next weekend. Thanks

3. 6 is way too early IMO. No way it's ready. I've only had one strain ready at 8 weeks on the dot. Just because you see amber on the upper most colas doesn't mean that the whole plant is done. You're most likely missing out on significant weight. My usual ripening time in flower is 8-11 weeks. Some go up to 14. AK47 is not known for being a super short maturing strain either.

Forget the glands. What is the percentage of active white pistils on your main tops compared to orange and retracted?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Also, where are you seeing the Amber? In the bud or on sugar leaves?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Still mostly white hairs. About 20 orange. You are right I only looked at the upper most tops. And yes I was hoping for more weight. Thanks for reassuring me. I will wait at least the recommended 8 weeks. IMG_5364.JPG IMG_5364.JPG [​IMG]

6. The sugar leaves

7. #7 After the shot, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Just harvested a Tangerine haze and there were plenty of Ambers on the sugar leaves bud in the bud clear/cloudy so I knew it wasn't ready and let it go till they stopped swelling and no real new pistils were growing and most were receded. Trichs are only a part of determining readiness.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Check a bud mid way. I don't even pay attention to glands anymore. Anywhere you have fresh white hairs you have new growth that will continue to swell if you let it. I don't usually harvest a plant until new pistil activity is almost down to stopped on the upper most tops. You will still have new pistils mid way at that point. That's a good time to harvest. More of an old school indicator but just using glands is prone to error IMO. You have to judge the plant as a whole.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Only harvest early if you NEED to. Like cops or anti-weed relatives are coming type shit. The buds up top are going to mature before the rest will, which makes sense, because thats the "main" cola. Its closer to the light and where most of the plants focus is

• Like Like x 1
  10. Don't be surprised if you go longer than the 8. My 2 strains were 7-9 week and 8-9 week. They went 11.5 wks. But wait =weight
    Nice looking ladies btw.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wait=weight. My god i love that lololol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I'm going to wait=weight. For sure. No anti-weeder invited to my house that's for sure. Thanks for all the help guys. This is my first grow. Many more to come. Mass is legal now

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mass here to bro. Go Pats

• Like Like x 1
  14. Got the feet kicked up watching right now. GO PATS

• Like Like x 2
  15. I always allow my plants extra weeks until there's simply no freaking way they're getting any better - and I've never regretted letting them go the extra time.

J

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. You really can tell when they stop growing. One of the main indicators for me is the feed rate. It definitely slows towards the end. It reaches a peak like a week or more before it's a good time to harvest.

I think many people think they are going to somehow miss out on a plant's peak time if they let it go a few extra weeks. This is just not the case. 95% of the time if you let it go you'll end up with a better product in the end.

Earlier harvested bud definitely doesn't have as good of a flavor IMO as stuff that is allowed to fully ripen. It's just like a peach.

• Like Like x 2