Early flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LeBronBurgondy, May 18, 2016.

1. I have two plants each about a little over a foot tall one is a little bigger and bushier than the other due to a high trial and error time a few weeks back but it's growing like normal now from where I cut similar to a top but they're under two shop size fluorescents and an extra bulb with a fan blowing 24/7. I've read and read now I'm needing experience. So could anyone help me??
    My question is could I induce them to a flowering stage soon with 12/12 and get them to maybe shoot up a little bigger and then maybe bring them back to veg? Or would it hurt them in any way. They are about 2 months old.

A friend with weed
    is a friend indeed
    a friend who shares
    is a friend who cares!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Your timing is right on. 2 months is good, I did six weeks veg last time. You don't bring them back to veg once flowering has begun. They will double or triple in size after flowering begins depending. Indica or sativa?

3. Righteously I believe it's an indica.you can see pictures on my posts. Actually it grew a lot more since I put that new light on them yesterday and then over night of darkness. But I had gotten a good sack of some good mid that had me stuck to the couch and so then I got a few of the seeds and germinated them in paper towels and look at them now lol

4. Change light color, change light timer, make sure room is Lightproof. After you switch to1212 plant will stretch. Anywhere between 2 days to 2 weeks you will see subtle changes. White pistols, height change. You're at the end of veg, and now the fun starts. Don't start using flowering nutes until you know you're in flower.

5. So you think it would be a good time to start? If I did it would be tonight around 9 being I wake up at 830 so I can turn it on when I wake up

• Like Like x 1
  6. Change light color? Black light fluorescents ??? What about watering during flower? More or less I don't usually water mine now but every 2 or 3 days

7. To really initiate flowering cover the plant with a plastic sheet dark plastic and let it sit for like 24 hours to 2 to 3 days at the end. The plant will think it's the end of the season it will start to bulk up and make resin I kept mine in the dark for 2 days and after that it showed White pistils

8. Yes you are on time. Ill look at your pics.

9. When you say cover you mean just put it over the whole thing?? Lol don't wanna sound like a fool just making sure. And as far as the black light florescent? Yay or nay

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yea check em out and let me know

11. I set my timer for 7pm to 7am. 12 hours. Darkness. To start. I based it on my schedule. I like time in the morning with my girls, before 7am I don't have any light in the room. I've pushed it back now to go off at 7pm, and I turn it on at 9am. 14 hours. You don't have timer?

12. No and I've been meaning to get one just haven't but I believe I'm getting one this evening. So that'd be great less responsibility haha. But you get to look at them? Or I can post them here

13. I have a big plastic sheet and I put it over the whole thing from top to bottom make sure there's no light coming in at all you can do it for 2 days 3 days whatever you want to do it doesn't hurt and it to plant produce more oils.. It's gotta be either a bluish-white light for a reddish orange Sun type light.

14. I don't see em

15. 0517161305b.jpg 0517161303a.jpg like I said they grew slot more near the stalk but they are bout 12 inches give or take

16. I go by two things. Either it reaches a foot, or it grows for 6 - 8 weeks. 2 months is my max. The sativa that I flowered after 6 weeks is probably 2.5 times it's original height. If you flower now, then it will start to stretch thinking the season is ending.I know it doesn't look like much now, but cover em for two days or so. Get a timer. I check mine almost every day. I'm trying to get in the habit of leaving them for a few days and then checking em. A regular schedule is good. When I eat breakfast in the morning, my girls eat breakfast too. What was your veg light schedule. You want to try to keep it close to the same hours. IT's hard not to check on them daily.

17. Shop light florescent are going to make a horrible flowering light

18. Well like I said they are two months old I put them in soil March 23. And they are a little taller than a foot. And I just had a bout a 18/6. I turned it on at 9 and cut it off about 12 or maybe a little earlier and only water them once every 2 or 3 days I go by the soil if it's a little damp I won't water them cuzni know they don't want to sit in a pool of water all day. But your saying go straight into darkness at 8 so I can start with darkness then cut on in the morning and just check on em. Cuz i check on them every day or at least wait until the lights are on

• Like Like x 1
  19. Yea I went to home depot earlier and got two 2000 lumen CFLs you think those will work? Plus the florescent light

20. The shop lights are not going to be in a very usable spectrum for the plants. You're pretty much just wasting electricity using them. 2 Cfls with a total of 2000 lumens means nothing other then you have 2 tiny light bulbs that may or may not be a very usable source of light and if they are you still have only 2 tiny bulbs. 1000 lumens a piece they must be really small, maybe like 13 actual watts or something, Not equivalent watts, that doesnt mean anything. Do you know the Kelvin rating of the cfls?

• Like Like x 1