EARLY flowering, leaves yellowing from bottom up

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by greenops, Nov 21, 2012.

1. I currently got a 5 plant scrog going. All 5 are different strains and only the Power Kush is having this issue. It's currently day 50 from seed / 20 days since the switch, but I noticed the yellowing of the lower leaves even before the switch.
    Plus the yellowing is moving up fast. Other than that, she looks pretty healthy, and actually is the plant that's flowering the fastest.

Should I give her another Canna Veg (more N) nute instead of the Canna Flores (for flowering)?

Attached Files:

2. you could still use them both just increase the N to see if the leafs pick up any

3. #3 bwitsne, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
    Whats your current PPM that you feed at. should be around 500-800 or higher. I just fed at 600ppm in my second week of flowering. I plan to go to 800ppm the next feeding.

4. I thought of that but I read a post from some guy a while back that combining nutes can cause lockouts? Don't know if there's any truth to it. To play it safe I decided against it.

Well.. i still don't have an EC meter. I know i'm wack.
    But from research I found out that going half strength of the recommended dosage is a good way to go. So I've been doing that ever since and always got good yields and bud size. I alternate feeding and just plain watering.

However I'm giving this Power Kush a bit more than half strength now and I'm thinking to gradually increase.

The yellowing is still spreading fast. The lower leaves than turn a bit yellow can be pulled off the plant without even forcing it.

Should I maybe do feed, feed, water... instead of feed, water, feed the Power Kush?

5. I would never go full strength, and half strength I am not even using yet.

Went 1/4 strength to 1/3

Are you correcting your ph?

6. ok cool. so u dont think more nutes would help this plant get greener? it just looks like she has some kind of deficiency.

7. saying about lockout from using different nutes then the guys probally had a mixture thats not in the ph range after his nutes,, if the foods there and the waters fine the plant will take as much of them nutes vailable as it wants, i would just add more N to a current feeding regime, i wouldnt cut one out just because it needs the other, you can always do this at 1/4 strength and work your way up a couple of feeds

8. Without knowing what your ph or ppm is at, its hard to tell man.

You could have too much of something and it would lock out other nutrients, you could have ph off balance or many other things.

9. You're right, better not to give more nutes! =)

I'm still figuring out the right pH when watering. I started with something like 6.8pH.
    I had to gradually decrease each time. Now I had to set it to 6.2 pH and the run off is at 6.8 - 6.9. Still too high, I will go down to 6.0 next time.

10. #10 bwitsne, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012
    I don't measure run off ph. I've learned that half the things people do on this site can be done differently or without.
    I always ph my water after adding nutrients at 6.5, nothing different. I also let my water adjust to ph atleast a few hours before watering. I let the nutrients mix over night with a airstone in the bucket, and this allows everything to be mixed, And my plants love it. Keep things consistant and you won't have a bunch of variables, then you can tell when you have issues with something. For instance when I started getting a deficiency, I knew it wasn't from my ph, I just needed to up the nutrient solution.